• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also with bigger thighs, and a fairly large butt in proportion the rest of my body, going with straight and not bootcut is the best idea correct? Thanks for all the help guys. Im new to all this.
yup. low straight would be your best bet. i also have bigger thighs and a larger butt. low straight works best for me

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
another rrl question: are the icons the stuff that's made every season, ie: archive line in W+H?

srgprod

Reaction score

another rrl question: are the icons the stuff that's made every season, ie: archive line in W+H?

Yeah. They are regular pieces that they make small changes to but are not part of any specific collection. There's Icon seasonal (w/each season) and Icon core (year round), RRL core (wallets, belts and accessories)

dmashita

Reaction score

They will measure 2" larger than tagged. The sizing on their denim usually doesn't vary between washed versions with the exception that the once-wash/rigid models stretch out a little easier to start.

And I don't know what the reasoning is behind this, but the online store doesn't use the proper model names for any of the items, which i find bizarre and not helpful should you need to locate a piece from a store.

The dark wash is in fact the unwashed "Rigid" version. The other easy way to tell is the rigid versions are $10 cheaper at $220 vs $230 for the once-washed versions.

Thanks el duderino.

How does everyone factor in the stretching with regards to sizing? Planning to order a pair of the raw low straight in a size 30 since I'm a 32 waist. But considering they stretch about 1" to 2" with wear, is it advisable to size down even further? But I guess the thighs might end up too tight then.

Xhale12

Reaction score
Thanks.

I just got a pair of dry nudie jeans at Saks, and I am a size 30. Right now they are very tight around the waist, but I know they are supposed to be at first. Taking this into consideration,and if anyone has worn both nudies and RRL, what size should I get in RRL?

MXERPAC

Reaction score

Thanks el duderino.

How does everyone factor in the stretching with regards to sizing? Planning to order a pair of the raw low straight in a size 30 since I'm a 32 waist. But considering they stretch about 1" to 2" with wear, is it advisable to size down even further? But I guess the thighs might end up too tight then.

My straight fit size 30 have a 32 waist with 9.5 through the thigh. And the size 29 could not be buttoned (i have an ass so that may not apply to you)

Last edited:

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I just got a pair of dry nudie jeans at Saks, and I am a size 30. Right now they are very tight around the waist, but I know they are supposed to be at first. Taking this into consideration,and if anyone has worn both nudies and RRL, what size should I get in RRL?

depends on the nudie cut. I have an extensive collection of nudies, PRPS, RRL and the sizing is all over the place across every brand and every model/wash. Some Slim Fit RRL jeans are true to size, while others can be 2+ inches larger.

If you're buying from a store you can just try them on, if you're buying from ebay you should request measurements to get an idea of what you need.

Last edited:

Xhale12

Reaction score
It was the average joe cut. The RRL jeans I am looking at are straight leg

depends on the nudie cut. I have an extensive collection of nudies, PRPS, RRL and the sizing is all over the place across every brand and every model/wash. Some Slim Fit RRL jeans are true to size, while others can be 2-3+ inches larger.

Xhale12

Reaction score
THANK YOU! How did the 30's fit? Were the very tight? Did the loosen up after a few weeks of wear?

I will try out the size 28's.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

THANK YOU! How did the 30's fit? Were the very tight? Did the loosen up after a few weeks of wear?

I will try out the size 28's.
pretty snug at first but loosened up pretty well; there are some pics somewhere in this thread. i like the average joe more because i wear them lower and nudies are designed with that in mind. the RRLs worn low had a pretty severe diaper ass effect so they needed to be worn up closer to the true waist, which i found pretty uncomfortable and gave me dad-ass. i like the low straights much more since they can be worn closer to the hips.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
My outlet seems to be carrying quite a few things that look like they could be RRL. Henleys, workshirts w/ chin straps. heavily distressed cargo pants, and some pretty cool field jackets.

We haven't had much PSR if any lately. Even the clearance racks are lacking substance.

passionblue22

Reaction score
If I have a true waist size of 34 (measured a little below where my ribs end, at skinniest part of waist), what size should I get in the Low Straight raws?

Thanks a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads