The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. ToledoStyle

ToledoStyle Senior member

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

yup. low straight would be your best bet. i also have bigger thighs and a larger butt. low straight works best for me

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

another rrl question: are the icons the stuff that's made every season, ie: archive line in W+H?

4. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Yeah. They are regular pieces that they make small changes to but are not part of any specific collection. There's Icon seasonal (w/each season) and Icon core (year round), RRL core (wallets, belts and accessories)

5. dmashita

dmashita Member

Thanks el duderino.

How does everyone factor in the stretching with regards to sizing? Planning to order a pair of the raw low straight in a size 30 since I'm a 32 waist. But considering they stretch about 1" to 2" with wear, is it advisable to size down even further? But I guess the thighs might end up too tight then.

6. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Thanks.

I just got a pair of dry nudie jeans at Saks, and I am a size 30. Right now they are very tight around the waist, but I know they are supposed to be at first. Taking this into consideration,and if anyone has worn both nudies and RRL, what size should I get in RRL?

7. MXERPAC

MXERPAC Well-Known Member

My straight fit size 30 have a 32 waist with 9.5 through the thigh. And the size 29 could not be buttoned (i have an ass so that may not apply to you)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011

8. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

depends on the nudie cut. I have an extensive collection of nudies, PRPS, RRL and the sizing is all over the place across every brand and every model/wash. Some Slim Fit RRL jeans are true to size, while others can be 2+ inches larger.

If you're buying from a store you can just try them on, if you're buying from ebay you should request measurements to get an idea of what you need.

9. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

It was the average joe cut. The RRL jeans I am looking at are straight leg

10. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

Any of these left at outlets in S? I have seen these trickle into ebay from lots of sellers, but none in S.

[​IMG]

11. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I had 32 in average Joe and 30 in straight leg RRL. I'm tts 32

12. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

THANK YOU! How did the 30's fit? Were the very tight? Did the loosen up after a few weeks of wear?

I will try out the size 28's.

13. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

pretty snug at first but loosened up pretty well; there are some pics somewhere in this thread. i like the average joe more because i wear them lower and nudies are designed with that in mind. the RRLs worn low had a pretty severe diaper ass effect so they needed to be worn up closer to the true waist, which i found pretty uncomfortable and gave me dad-ass. i like the low straights much more since they can be worn closer to the hips.

14. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

My outlet seems to be carrying quite a few things that look like they could be RRL. Henleys, workshirts w/ chin straps. heavily distressed cargo pants, and some pretty cool field jackets.

We haven't had much PSR if any lately. Even the clearance racks are lacking substance.

15. passionblue22

passionblue22 Member

If I have a true waist size of 34 (measured a little below where my ribs end, at skinniest part of waist), what size should I get in the Low Straight raws?

Thanks a lot.