The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

The heck, those 32s measure nearly the same as Blake's measurements for a 33. Man...

2. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Hey guys. I am thinking of picking up a few pairs of RRL denim... Any comments on the fit? I wear a 30 in True Religions, and it's time for me to throw that trash a way and get a nicer pair. Should I stay at the same size... go up.... down???? I have fairly muscular thighs so I am assuming straight leg would be the best fit.

Also, what do you guys think of this style?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-360-Ral...136324?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item564541eec4

3. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Excellent choice. See el duderino's sizing comments a few posts above - waist is generally 2" smaller than tagged. But if you are looking at slim fits or even slim bootcuts, make sure to get thigh measurements; you'll likely have to size up for slim fits if you have muscular thighs. Sounds like you already know what you need.

4. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

5. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

In addition to recent comments about pilling cashmere, I'd be very interested in any thoughts anyone has about these cardigans. They show up on eBay from time to time for around $200, which ain't bad for 100% cashmere, let alone RRL.

[​IMG]

6. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Do you mean 2 inches larger than tagged?

7. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Yes, sorry! So 32 tagged = 34 measured. You also need to account for the jeans sitting lower, except for the straight legs. But they also stretch, so probably works out even.

9. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i think i have a pair in 31x30. will be taking pics and measurements for a good amount of the day tomorrow from that woodbury haul.

10. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Aright, so if I wear a 30 in TR's, I think I should go with a size 28???? I just dont know if the TR sizing is small as well.

11. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

Anyone have any familiarity with these? Weight, fit, etc?

I'm intrigued by them, but imagine they may be little more than a glorified pair of regulation chinos, and hence a bit of a disappointment at that price.

12. Xhale12

Xhale12 Senior member

Also with bigger thighs, and a fairly large butt in proportion the rest of my body, going with straight and not bootcut is the best idea correct? Thanks for all the help guys. Im new to all this.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

rrl cashmere is ok. it depends a lot where it's from - if it's made in italy it's probably something they added on to a purple label/black label order, but if it's made in china it's not that great.

14. corneliusparky

corneliusparky Senior member

TR is probably vanity sized also (30 being more like 31 or 32) so you should probably pick the same size or -1 compared to TR (RRL stretches a fair amount). My guess would you are a 29 or 30 in RRL, probably 30 if you have larger thighs. Why don't you measure your waist (just a little below where your ribs end)...then I can recommend a size.

15. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

My washed slim bootcuts stetch out like 1.5" after 2 or 3 wears. I have to wash and dry them all the time... Kinda sucks. I know better for next time.