• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lulz at coming into a thread with devotees that celebrate brand X and asking if its quality is better than brand Y.

What do you think they'll say?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im assuming this is sarcasm... Just looking for an honest answer, and would appreciate the help.
OK, a serious answer - RRL shirts are excellent quality, if you are talking about quality of manufacturing and materials. I don't know about Hugo Boss in comparison. But you won't be disappointed with RRL. If you mean something else when you say "quality" - e.g.: styling, fit, etc - two different things and not even comparable.

Dexter_

Reaction score
Just received a pair of NWT red-line selvedge officer chinos from Context 32x34. Looks like I need to size down. If anyone is looking for a 32, let me know. I'd rather get cash back instead of credit hehe.

Last edited:

warrenjl1

Reaction score

Just received a pair of NWT red-line selvedge officer chinos from Context 32x34. Looks like I need to size down. If anyone is looking for a 32, let me know. I'd rather get cash back instead of credit hehe.

Whats the back of waist measurement and thigh?

Also... that $1200 deerskin down vest on the website is SECKS.

EDIT: Had to Tumblr it... Took a screen shot and cropped it. Genius.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

your R&B ain't that bad either... :)

got a chance to check out the North Bend collection at the Fillmore RL store. Was aight. not really looking forward to any post sale, firesale, ebay items. Someone had mentioned that the collection just black and white. Tis is inaccurate. I saw some blue and gray, too! :bounce2:

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would never buy the RRL one, a bit too many patches, but very nice never the less. And yes the R&B was the only I really wanted this season, except for the fact that it's made in China :eh:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, I would never buy the RRL one, a bit too many patches, but very nice never the less. And yes the R&B was the only I really wanted this season, except for the fact that it's made in China :eh:

you got a great coat at a great price. I would have kopped had it been in a navy color. atleast thats what I keep telling myself so I dont feel bad for missing out on a steal

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you got a great coat at a great price. I would have kopped had it been in a navy color. atleast thats what I keep telling myself so I dont feel bad for missing out on a steal

Yes very true, I really need to stop complaining

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For anyone else wondering, Gilroy is a zero for the rest of the week.

I've been thinking, many stores are lack of PSRs right now.

One store in San Diego store carries PSR, but they are out of stock right now.

They will be available mid September.

el duderino

Reaction score

Any help with sizing for the Low Straight denim from the RRL online store? Should I assume the usual 2 sizes above tagged size and size down by 2? And does sizing vary between washes?

And can anyone confirm that the Low Straight Dark Wash in Rigid is indeed unwashed, raw denim?

Thanks.

They will measure 2" larger than tagged. The sizing on their denim usually doesn't vary between washed versions with the exception that the once-wash/rigid models stretch out a little easier to start.

And I don't know what the reasoning is behind this, but the online store doesn't use the proper model names for any of the items, which i find bizarre and not helpful should you need to locate a piece from a store.

The dark wash is in fact the unwashed "Rigid" version. The other easy way to tell is the rigid versions are $10 cheaper at $220 vs $230 for the once-washed versions.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
how do RRL flannels fit? anything close to their oxfords - maybe a specific collection? if someone could throw up an ebay link (rl shop I'm looking at you) to something that'd fit like 18.5 shoulder 21 chest (gitman M basically) I would love you FOREVER

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads