The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

God damn. I'm finally wearing my Orchard St bucklebacks after having them taken in, and after a about two hours of wear, they look and fit like they weren't taken in at all. Basically, I have a big ol' diaper butt. Maybe I have to use suspenders with these...

Part of the problem is that I have to cinch my belt a fair amount due to the high waist and very straight cut.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

haaaaa, a few months ago I had my selvedge chinos taken in 2 inches in the waist. They have stretched out another inch since then

3. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

hahahaha will do!

4. slide13

slide13 Senior member

[​IMG]

Saw this while waiting for my roommate to get his hair cut at Thorps here in Madison. A friend of theirs is a photographer and had some work up in the place....this one was titled "RRL Storefront NYC" I believe. I happened to be wearing my officer chinos at the time.

5. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

What's the fabric?

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

It's the super heavy rigid selvage twill. I think I'll give them a very hot soak just to see what happens.

7. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

FOR SALE: RRL Slim Fit Rigid Selvedge Jean - Size 33 x 34

Condition: worn for about 8 months and in excellent condition. Bought from the RRL store in Bleecker in NYC. There are no cuts and tears whatsoever. These jeans have never been washed or soaked. In fact, I've completely kept them out of water by not wearing them in the rain or humidity. I am selling them because at the end of the day they are not the right cut for my body type. All my other RRLs are low straight and I have a couple straight legs. It pains me to part with them but the truth is I'm not going to wear them enough to justify keeping.

Please PM with any offers. I prefer to sell these to someone directly on this forum versus listing them on ebay.

[​IMG]

8. Vin E Bravo

Vin E Bravo Well-Known Member

9. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

I was at Melrose store today, they had nothing on sale.

10. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

These look like the overdyed "black on black" or "black on blue" wash; can't quite tell from the pics. In any case, they are awesome, and I believe not a "standard" wash carried in stores. The black on blue wash had people gushing in this thread; the black on black are not quite as awesome, but still pretty great. You should jump on these on ebay if you want them.

11. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I know Namor posted about this before but went into the SF Ralph Lauren store today. They had a lot of shirts on sale for $75 with an additional 25% off. That makes it about $56 a shirt. I woulda copped some but they don't fit my build.

12. thatguymj

thatguymj Senior member

Did they have any jeans left on sale? I've been meaning to go in and will finally have a chance tomorrow.

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

They had some blue jeans in straight leg for around $100. They had 1 pair of slim fits in grey in the back but it was size 34x32. The SAs are really helpful and will call other stores to help you track down a size you need. I had them do it for the slim fit greys for me.

Are the raw slim fits any looser than the washed ones? Not sure what size to get for the grey slim fits. I have the clear blue wash slim bootcuts which were supposed to run true to size. Not sure if I should size down 1 for the slim fits or not.

14. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

Wait, the RRL jeans are on sale at the regular Ralph Lauren stores? What are the discounts? Any styles excluded?

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Only the 2 pairs I mentioned are on sale. Both are around $100 before tax and shipping