The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

About this "if you care" logo, also asked by noobizor... I've seen that on the old made-in-Japan RRL jeans. I don't know if it's a dated logo, was only for Japanese pieces, is now used only in Japan, or is being brought back.

Would love to hear...paging el duderino or whodini....

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011

2. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

Really? What's the fabric? From the pic they look almost like a simple cotton or duck cloth; as well as from the stitching on the outseam. Not saying they're bad pants, they just don't look "luxurious."

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

The fabric is marked as 100% cotton. I really know nothing about stitching, but the thick weight and general feel of the fabric is comparable to this old, intricately Italian pair of Incotex I have. My iPhone has really washed out the color. These are a lot more accurate:

(They are also not from Japan. Apparently they were made in Malaysia for Polo co. of....Paris, France).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hmmm....

4. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

Yeah the first two pics more accurately describe what you're talking about. Couldn't help you with IDing them but like somebody else said, there's guys on here who probably could.

Put in a fit pic when you got something worked out to go with them. I'd be interested to see how they wear.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

6. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

Was there a good selection of shirts there on Fillmore. I have tomorrow off and can walk down there and have a look.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

The selection was decent. They had a lot more size M and S than L shirts. When I was there on Friday, a lot of the older stuff was just taken down and was ready to be shipped to another RL location. If you have time, I would stop in. Its 60% off + 25%. I bought a few henleys for ~$40 but they were in the back. If you dont see anything you like, ask them to look in the back. It seemed that most of the good stuff was being shipped out

8. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll check it out. Need a L though :/.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

ask for whatever is in the back. I had one of the guys reserve a couple of shirts for me but I decided against them. They were both in a shade of blue. about ~$60 after taxes

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Hey Namor. Did they have any jeans on sale? Were they 60% + 25% off? Thanks.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

timbaland, they had several styles on sale. not sure what sizes were available but I saw several pairs of low straights and a few slim fits (non-raw) including the gray ones. as always, if you don't see it, ask them if its in the back or have them track it down for you. those fellows are ever so helpfult I saw several pairs of low straights and a few slim fits (non-raw) including the gray ones. as always, if you don't see it, ask them if its in the back or have them track it down for you. those fellows are ever so helpful

12. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

Would you happen to know which models were on sale? Pics even? :D I'd love to call in an order, lol.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Haaa, I wish I could. if their was a rrl website I would have forwarded you the specifics

14. Viral

Viral Senior member

I have a BNWT pair of low straights in 1-wash tagged 31 X 32.........PM if interested!

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Called the SF store. They had 2 jeans on sale: a dark blue wash in straight and the grey slim fits. I got the straights for $126 after tax and shipping. I hardly ever see the straight. Do they fit pretty much the same as the low straights except for a higher rise?