• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You mean this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RRL-Ralph-L...A_MC_Pants&hash=item2c5e1b06ce#ht_4319wt_1185

Looks like vanity size 2 as well, should just ask the guy, looks like he is at least quoting accurate measurement (though not sure if I would buy from him, I am guessing you can find better deal if you wait)

Yeah, that's exactly the pair I was looking at. Just don't want to pay $200 for them (and that's considered on sale) when I saw them go for $160 a couple days ago in a 36. I messaged the seller but he seems pretty inflexible, even when I offered to pay him through paypal invoice to save him some money on final value fees.

I talked to the other dude (the one offering them for $160 shipped) and he said he doesn't even have to go to the outlets to hunt, he just has RRL send him stuff directly. How does that sweet deal work?

Vin E Bravo

Reaction score
Just bought for $123 total including shipping.

Beat the ebay bitchazz ho's price by nearly $100.

I'm in your debt, good sir....

corneliusparky

Reaction score
Which usually has a better selection, Melrose or Malibu RRL? Specifically the discounted section :slayer:

Thanks!

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was just in the RRL on Bleeker. They have some seriously nice stuffs in for the AW11 collection. I had to take a photo of a waxed jacket that I saw...

(Forgive the shitzey pictures).

Very reminiscent of a Barbour - the colour, style, detachable hood and inner plaid lining. Seemed slimmer and more contemporary though.

So, so nice.

Tagged at $890.

srgprod

Reaction score

Which usually has a better selection, Melrose or Malibu RRL? Specifically the discounted section :slayer:

Thanks!

The Malibu store has a little better selection overall. They have more limited edition, vintage and low production stuff. Melrose is a bigger store with much more inventory but it's mainly mainline, boots, icon pieces, women's wear and some hard to find items.

engar

Reaction score

I think the great overlap of the different Ralph Lauren brands, especially with the new introduction of Denim and Supply, calls into question whether RRL is worth the extra money (at least it does in my mind as a consumer). Why would I pay $185 for a chambray shirt that is made in China by RRL when I could spend $69.50 for a Denim and Polo chambray, both Ralph Lauren when I can't see differences in quality?

Good point.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I talked to the other dude (the one offering them for $160 shipped) and he said he doesn't even have to go to the outlets to hunt, he just has RRL send him stuff directly. How does that sweet deal work?

it doesn't. he goes to the outlets just like everyone else.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He probably has his friends/family all over the country to shop for him?

It's possible. RRL doesn't deal with anyone outside their own distribution chain. Presently, past season RRL gets distributed only to factory stores.

Last edited:

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One time, I emailed "hananasi" about how they get their items.

I assume he's from another country judging by his English. Anyway, he told me that he has friends and family buy for him from other states and he mentioned Texas, New York, North & South Carolina, and California mainly.

One day I had a chance to talk to with my local store's GM about sellers, and he told me corporate prohibit sellers, but I don't understand why they prohibit sellers? Maybe they think sellers lower their brand value? It can be my opinion but because of sellers, they get to get rid of their inventories, and GM thank me for cleaning his inventory. I guess it's all depends on managers.

Unrelated notes: General manager of Camarillo outlet really look alike Phil Jackson(formal Lakers coach)

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, maybe by some stroke of luck qua self-marketing genius, but it's much more likely that he's full of it. And for a very specific reason: if RRL was sending him stuff directly most ebay sellers notorious for large quantities of RRL would have inventory that is far less piece meal and limited in sizing.

but I don't understand why they prohibit sellers? Maybe they think sellers lower their brand value? It can be my opinion but because of sellers, they get to get rid of their inventories,

It's not hard to understand and I'll use myself as an example. My first, and to date only, RRL straight leg came from ebay: $80 shipped all the way from Cali to Canada (east coast). I have absolutely no problem buying these for $220 retail plus tax. So why haven't I despite wanting another pair? Ebay, plain and simple. I've been waiting for another pair to show up in my size (and maybe for $80 shipped). But now I don't care, and I'm waiting for the online store to open to see if they are available. If not, I'll do a phone order. The point: for the last year and a half RRL has missed on potential full retail paying customers like me because the promise of an ebay steal has always loomed large.

jsoo24

Reaction score
i just went to woodbury. it seems they just got a restock cause I saw a lot of stuff. they had about 4 different racks of rrl.

they have slim fits in almost every size. (i picked up a pair so i can post a pic later). i also saw a couple low straights in a similar wash. they have slims in white in a variety of sizes and also the oxbloods from 24x34 to 28x34. they also have a few tan/brown pairs.

they also have a variety of shirts, henleys, long sleeves, and pants. they have a couple of pairs of pants that look like the rugby railroad jeans someone posted a while back. they also have a few pairs of cargo shorts and a few jackets and a few ties.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads