• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks for the info! i'm gonna go check it out tomorrow
btw whats the discount currently?

its good to know i didnt miss anything the last few days haha. just got back from woodbury, polo outlet had a decent amount of RRL. alot of white slims in small ass sizes, blue slims in big ass sizes. lots of henleys M to XL, red plaid jacket XL, some tobaccos, and a few button ups but all big sizes. no one was at the RRL racks. i found a few items and will list them at some point in the coming weeks, but here they are if any one is interested.

olive colored trench coat from orchard st collection, L
black chinos from outlaw collection, 32x30 (might keep)
icon slim fit blue fade with some whiskers, 34 x 32
tobacco 31 x 30 (not sure what collection, tag was wrong. hope you guys can help me when i post pics)
stretch skinny fit black denim from holiday lodge collection, 31w

most of the same stuff as when i was there on monday. i guess the tweed jackets were gone by now?
i really hate going to that place. being surrounded by super ignorant shoppers shoving me out of the way kind of gets to me. i went a few weeks ago and some russian guy tried to take the pants i was currently paying for and buy them himself

jsoo24

Reaction score
hahaha thats hilarious. i've generally had a good experience there and i've been there quite a few times. what were the discounts btw?

narcissism

Reaction score
I didn't bother to read most of the arguments for or against goods made in China but I thought we established over and over again on this forum that the country of origin is not indicative of quality. Many times the quality of something made in China can beat the quality of the same good that is made in Italy. Made in Italy does not mean always mean a good was made in Italy (ex. A Gucci purse being made entirely in China then a Made in Italy tag being sewn on the purse in Italy or "Swiss" watch the is assembled in Switzerland with all Chinese parts). Once again with this thread there is a lack of knowledge as to what clothing quality really is. Is it the thread quality? Is it the durability of the denim? The thickness of the flannel in the flannel shirts? These marginal differences in quality that are apparent when supplier makes an agreement with Ralph Lauren to produce their clothing is almost invisible to the consumer. That is what I love about this forum- it exposes the quality stuff from overpriced crap.

Unfortunately a couple RRL shirts I have owned have had buttons fall off which has never happened to any other shirt I have owned from less expensive brands. The 4 pairs of RRL jeans I have owned are all first rate though I must say.

I think the great overlap of the different Ralph Lauren brands, especially with the new introduction of Denim and Supply, calls into question whether RRL is worth the extra money (at least it does in my mind as a consumer). Why would I pay $185 for a chambray shirt that is made in China by RRL when I could spend $69.50 for a Denim and Polo chambray, both Ralph Lauren when I can't see differences in quality?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quick, someone find me a pair of dark wash RRL jeans with an actual 31" waist and a thigh measurement that's more than 11"!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Quick, someone find me a pair of dark wash RRL jeans with an actual 31" waist and a thigh measurement that's more than 11"!

dig through B&S, someone is selling exactly that for like dirt dirt cheap price (<100)?

EDIT: it might have been sold though, I can't find that post again

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's my fault. I really wasn't trying to open Pandora's Box here. :embar:

Anyway, so after looking around, I decided that a nice piece I'm interested in getting for this fall/winter is a pair of tweed herringbone buckleback trousers from the Holiday Lodge collection. Anybody own these? I see that they run large in the waist, but how do they fit in the thighs (I think somebody mentioned they'd rather deal with thigh measurements than geo-economics within the garment industry, so there ya go).

Also, does anybody know if this was part of a whole suit or just trousers independent and of themselves?

And one more question: how do you find out about the upcoming collections and the names of them? The RL website was vague but I did see they're finally opening an online store this fall.

You mean this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RRL-Ralph-L...A_MC_Pants&hash=item2c5e1b06ce#ht_4319wt_1185

Looks like vanity size 2 as well, should just ask the guy, looks like he is at least quoting accurate measurement (though not sure if I would buy from him, I am guessing you can find better deal if you wait)

ispace

Reaction score

NAMOR - that took 1 minute - sick dude, sick. They are the black on blues I think.

No, these are not black on blue; BOB don't have a tuxedo stripe on the outseam.

B.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, these are not black on blue; BOB don't have a tuxedo stripe on the outseam.

B.

Tuxedo stripe? And it has the girly tag on it - if we still think that that tag means anything...

In general, if you're concerned with thigh size, probably safe to go low straight or straight leg. Although these slim fits that NAMOR found seem to fit your measurements.

Vin E Bravo

Reaction score
Call the Malibu CA RRL store. They have a few pairs of those grey jeans. Probably run you a little over $ 100..

RRL
3835 Cross Creek Road
Malibu, CA 90265

Thanks for the heads up!

Can you confirm it's this...'mid-light' grey fade and not a more heavily faded black color though?

Think they do phone orders without getting pissy?

srgprod

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up!

Can you confirm it's this...'mid-light' grey fade and not a more heavily faded black color though?

Think they do phone orders without getting pissy?
They're the grey ones you're looking for. Shipping should run $ 15.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads