1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. 17 Seconds

17 Seconds Well-Known Member

Been there, done that. Did the ocean thing too. Just trying to get them clean. Replaced my drop ceiling in them, and things got messy.

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ the ocean thing? Do share. While in Hawaii, I was tempted to go snorkeling in my RRL selvedge chinos. Just thought it would look a little ghey so i backed off

3. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Not to diverge from our RRL topic but...

There are two in the US. One is a straight up outlet in the Tanger Outlet mall in Kittery, Maine. It has a bunch of waxed and nylon jackets for both men and women. All the waxed stuff is $250, except for 3 massive racks of Beauforts and Bedales they got as returns from a change in their deal with Orvis and theyre charging $350 for those. Wool and nylon usually is $150, quilteds like the Liddesdale are between $50 and $75.
    The other is a Factory store at the Barbour US headquarters in New Hampshire which i just went to the for the first time today. Its smaller and more cramped but the prices on things like bags and accessories is better than the other one. They had less in terms of size runs but more in terms of variety. Pretty good for random scores it seems. They also have a rack of super cheap damaged jackets for anywhere from $50-$200. Things like broken zippers and holes in pockets. BUT since its the factory theres a seamstress on site who will fix things if you can come back in a few weeks for it.

My haul today:
    Jackets
    Barbour X Tokito Hooded Hunter
    Barbour X Tokito Bicycling Jacket
    Barbour X Tokito Motor Riding Jacket
    Barbour X Tokito Quilted Blouson
    Barbour X Tokito Quilted... im not sure?, looks like an International style
    Barbour X Tokito Melton Sweater
    Barbour Camo Bourne Waxed Jacket

Bags
    Waxed Leather Utility Bag
    Dress Tartan Weekender Bag
    Leather Tarras Bag
    Wax Dry Fly Bag
    Wax Camo Tarras Bag
    Dress Tartan Leather Weekender Bag
    House Tartan Leather Weekender Bag

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Was it on the website? I don't remember seeing it

7. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

That one wasn't a part of the private sale though. The $1200 all-leather one was.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I meant the pre-private sale. I thought it was included

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Lol. I thought that statement by NorCal was pretty crazy too.

I'm surprised I agree with you on this RRL Clothing. The scammed users should just file claims with paypal.

Sadly I don't think anything will happen to Jimmy Fingers. The amount of money that he stole from each of the individual members on here I don't think amounts to a felony and then there is the issue with jurisdiction. Which state should charges be filed in? I don't think the cops will really spend any time or resources on this unfortunately.

Also I'm not surprised PRLs lawyers would do anything about this. Technically JF didn't steal anything from them. Even using his employee discount to buy stuff for others generally gets the employee fired and blacklisted from working at the company. It doesn't make sense for them to sue him. If he had stolen the items from them, it would be different.

I've had a shitty experience with a lawyer from Greenburg Traurig so the name brings up bad memories. Basically he screwed me out of $4,000. I knew he was wrong and I consulted my friend who is a lawyer. It wasn't worth taking him to small claims court over it so I had to let it go. I told him to go f*ck himself and called his girl a whore and then let it go.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  10. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

of course we will...PayPal will alert his credit card company to the fraud claims

his credit will be ruined if we all file fraud charges (can you imagine having to pay cash for everything - to buy a car? anything?)

he now has a firing on his employment record (for something not that bad) but if he adds the fraud charges on top, it make him toxic to most employers (why would they take the chance in this economy with the unemployment rate so high?). The firing itself will cause them to look twice... and what do you think they will think if fraud shows up, too?

it's ludicrous for him to let several thousand dollars ruin his young life when he can earn it back even in menial labor in a month or two and that's assuming he took the money and blew it all and most of it really isn't sitting in his locked Paypal account

he's being given every chance to come clean but time runs out this week. It's completely in his control and HIS CHOICE how this all turns out

again, he's answered his home phone, we know where he lives, it's not like he's skipped town. If he had, charges would have already been filed. He's got a little time left to do the right thing.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  11. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

I would be interested in seeing some pics!

1 person likes this.
  12. 17 Seconds

17 Seconds Well-Known Member

Did it with a pair of jeans after 8 months of hard wearing. Dove in, waded around a bit, then dried them off with sand. Let them air dry in the sun by the beach (after rinsing them with fresh water).

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I imagined emerging from the tide with the single greatest pair of jeans ever, like a SF-approved Poseidon. But in reality, it just had similar fades to what I would have gotten from a soak.

In reflection, I bet the French dudes at APC just put that out there so they could see a bunch of us running around in the ocean with jeans on, then drying them off with sand. Good trolling, France.

13. whodini

whodini Senior member

Can the ocean wash fascination please finally die?

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

re: jimmyfingers

didnt he say he was moving? that was why he was quitting his job at RL no?

15. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I totally agree. I actually bought something from the guy ages ago when I was desperate.

Whats with his modeling pose anyway...

[​IMG]

...?

His right hand always seems to be down the back of his trousers, his left is always stuffed into the trouser pocket with the thumb sticking out, he always has terrible facial hair which emphasizes his gingerness and that "Look at me, I'm so noble" pose that he adopts is really starting to chap my ass!

16. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Does RL.com ship to Russia, or Singapore? Because Blue Present does.

He will not be going anywhere. You guys will just have to keep watching his manboobs and jowls develop over the coming years.

17. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

stunning leather

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

19. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

He also said he got pistol whipped in his driveway in his upper middle class semi rural neighborhood, and that he had cancer. Im sure the "quitting his job" thing was just part of his scam

20. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Are you planning to sell any of this on, or is it a personal haul? If its the latter, then :slayer: