1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I'm going home for Christmas so I'll be sure to check it out and grab some photos then. Looking forward to seeing the place.

2. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

Yeah it's a big yellow RRL anchor. The interior material is cotton in the body and viscose in the sleeves. The front pockets are lined with thick tan corduroy, also conforming to military spec.

It's not quite as slim as the Academy coat, but close. My shoulders/chest were too big in the Academy large, but the RRL large is perfect.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  3. dastig

dastig Senior member

Hey Guys,

We just put out the latest collection of RRL in Chicago. It is called Deadwood. Pays homage to the Western Saloons. Lots of unique pieces and some Limited Edition items.

Best Regards,

Robert

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

Looks great online. How is the sizing for the wool flannels?

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

Where are pics of said collection?

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Go to polo.com, search deadwood

7. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

The dobby dress shirt is my favorite. It's a cheaper alternative to the Mister Freedom chemise calico. Also that leather jacket :slayer:

8. whodini

whodini Senior member

Wow. That reverse jersey shall cardi looks awesome. Maybe if I hadn't just picked up a red Stark...

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

sorry for, i know this is the wrong thread, but I love the red Stark :slayer:

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

RRL on sale online. I hope this is the beginning of the end of the red headed, hairy chested, pointed chin, 110% retail selling blue present pics

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  11. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Love that gamblers leather jacket

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

Wasn't exactly easy to find, either. Everyone's on the blue/green/black/maroon kick. Don't think anyone in the US even stocks red.

It's going to be a beautiful day in my neighborhood this fall.

13. elwood49

elwood49 Well-Known Member

For those with the oilcloth hunting jacket, how does it fit you around the waist?

I have a 36" waist and a 42" chest, and the large is a good fit except that the waist is really bulky. I wish that the waist had some sort of cinch or had about 2" less of material.

I hate to send this jacket back, but I may have to unless this is how it is supposed to fit. I would take a pic, but I think you guys get the idea. Every other RRL item in large is a great fit for me, so I'm starting to think that this may be by design.

14. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

I am a 42r and I own the oilcloth in a medium. I am very happy with the fit. Given the overall cut of the coat, I don't think your larger waist (relative to mine at 32) would make a difference. I'd suggest an exchange. I do think you will want to act promptly, because I know medium is almost impossible to come by. It is sold out online, and I think there might be only a couple of more in stores. Best of luck. It is a great coat.

15. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

Opportunity for someone that might want the oilcloth in a small listed here
    (I am not the seller)

16. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

my SA sent me a 30% card good for the outlets, but there were a few posts a few pages back that no RRL was available... wondering if i should make the trip. for those in the know, when is the next expected RRL outlet drop?

17. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

spotted adam levine of maroon 5 wearing it on a recent promo for SNL

[​IMG]

18. elwood49

elwood49 Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, the sleeves on the medium would probably be too short for me. I'm 6'4" and have 35" sleeves.

I'm going to take the jacket by my tailor tomorrow and see if it is possible for him to slim down the waist and body some. I expect that would be an expensive alteration, so I'll get a quote and then debate on whether to send it back or not. I do appreciate the help.

19. whodini

whodini Senior member

N'ermind. I'm good.

20. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

+1