The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Gonna be tough as sizing seems to vary a lot between seasons and washes. Most likely if the 36s feel just right in the thighs, the 34s will be tight. Good luck man, I've been trying to figure out sizing for some RRL chinos myself and it sucks to buy without trying.

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

The 36's allow a bit of wriggle room but not a lot. I had a pair of the 34 slims which i could button up nicely but made my thighs scream bloody murder. I was hoping the 34 straights would be the perfect fit but I could really use that thigh measurement.

3. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

RL website will have their Denim & Supply open tomorrow August 11st.

4. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior member

so it's basically a cheaper version of RRL? sorta similar to rugby?

5. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Context got a few new pieces in, couple flannel shirts, one sort of western print shirt and a jacket. Love the flannels, enough to pick one of them up today while my friend was grabbing a new Gitman. Very thick and substantial flannel, something that would work as an overshirt as well. Now I just need it to get cold enough that I can wear it....probably going to be a couple months yet though.

Also just tossed my officer chinos in the wash for the first time tonight, they are hang drying now. After a few weeks of very consistent wear they were starting to smell a little funky....they don't seem to be as impervious to that as raw denim but that is ok, really looking forward to seeing how these fade and wear with some consistent wash and wear.

6. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

from what was posted earlier on D&S, alot of their pieces look like Abercrombie. i know there were a few nice button ups similar to the RRL aesthetic, but as a whole i wasnt that big of a fan.

7. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Just got a text from my friend.
    Outlet's 30% OFF Entire Store Sale will last till next Wednesday, that means they will bring 75% OFF back to life then.

8. threeleggeddog

threeleggeddog Senior member

Not only similar Abercombie in style, but also in audience. I walked through Macy's yesterday - the brand has it's own section of the store, positioned in the young adult section adjacent to Macy's INC brand and Kenneth Cole Reaction. It seems as if it's kind of filling the teen-polo gap. I believe the brand replaces the Polo Jeans Co. line that was removed from America in 2006, which was also lower quality clothing targeted to a younger audience.

9. subdivide

subdivide Senior member

Does anyone own a tweed / wool cap in this casquette / newsboy cut? Lady at the Malibu store says that there are only S, M, and L sizes - While I've seen other style caps tagged either one-size or S/M or L/XL, seems like XL doesn't exist for this style?

I'm trying to figure out what the inside circumference is for a size large - if anyone owns one and would be kind enough to measure it?

Thanks...

[​IMG]

The young adults section of Macy's is just terrible. There's so much cheaply made douchewear there. I only seem to go into Macy's for the Polo section.

11. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

The driver caps are the ones sized S/M, L/XL as they have that riveted leather adjustable strap in the back.

The current newsboys, as the SA mentioned come in S, M, L. I've tried on both M and L, and I would say the M is approx 58-59cm inner circumference, and L 60-61cm.

12. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Spoke to the managers today. Whole polo store is additional 25% off lowest ticket price OR clearance is additional 50% off. There is no additional discount of 25% on top of 50% on PSR. Didn't feel like arguing about it, since there was no RRL anyway.

Maybe your region has a different promotion or store allows for stacking discounts to boost sales. The 50% off should last until the end of August but we'll see. They don't get much PSR this month so they use 50% off to keep PSR on shelves longer, curb resellers and to increase revenue a little.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

13. KobeWoods

KobeWoods Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Does anyone know where I can find this Patchwork Cardigan in a M? thanks in advance

14. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

This was not the case at Las Vegas store last week. The 25% stacked on top of the 50%. Of course they had no RRL except for a pair of size 38 military chinos and the leather jacket I bought.

15. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

It could be regional. I'm all the way on the east coast and that's how it is here. Since there's no RRL it's better not to argue with managers or else they'll hassle and restrict you more in the future. Some managers refuse to give additional discount on hardmarked items. These policies are set by the store manager, you can complain about it but I don't recommend it if you plan to return often for PSR.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011