• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hi guys,

Im new to the site and thread so sorry if i'm repeating something thats been discussed.

I wasn't sure if the impending arrivial of a London RRL shop had been discussed by the EU members of the tread. Personally i cant wait.

(yes i now the link says UO but read the article)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...fitters-defies-high-street-gloom-2265642.html
Ralph Lauren, meanwhile, signed up to open a store for its menswear brand RRL on Mount Street in Mayfair. The company attributed this year's strong results – revenues were up 24 per cent – to the growth in retail sales worldwide. Late last year, it signed up to open a store for its young menswear fashion brand, Rugby, in Covent Garden, central London. I actually didn't know there is a Rugby store in Covent Graden. So I wonder what they're going to do with the Sloan street one once they open a dedicated RRL store.

Ghost01

Reaction score
Ralph Lauren, meanwhile, signed up to open a store for its menswear brand RRL on Mount Street in Mayfair. The company attributed this year's strong results – revenues were up 24 per cent – to the growth in retail sales worldwide.

Late last year, it signed up to open a store for its young menswear fashion brand, Rugby, in Covent Garden, central London.

I actually didn't know there is a Rugby store in Covent Graden. So I wonder what they're going to do with the Sloan street one once they open a dedicated RRL store.

The Rugby store's not open yet but they are working on it furiously. I go passed it most days. Its going to be a huge store.

The staff in the Fulham Road store say they are keeping the RRL department.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The limited edition items are so odd. The few times I've been to dedicated RRL stores, I somehow missed them. Seen a few at the outlets lately. Almost picked up a peacoat in my size with a large red cross emblem on the back... but when the hell would I want to wear such a thing, even if it looks good on the wall....

Perfect for volunteering for humanitarian aid the next time a volcano erupts in Iceland. Kop.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The Rugby store's not open yet but they are working on it furiously. I go passed it most days. Its going to be a huge store.

The staff in the Fulham Road store say they are keeping the RRL department.
There is really that much demand for RRL? I mean Liberty stack them already, and there are always odd pieces end up on New Bond Street as well.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
im checking out the Barney's in Boston later today. Hopefully they are giving away their RRL inventory.. :D

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

im checking out the Barney's in Boston later today. Hopefully they are giving away their RRL inventory.. :D

If you seen any low straights (1 wash) in a 34x32 or 34x34 for $100 or under would you proxy?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Barney's Las Vegas had 4 RRL pieces on sale.
A mostly blue plaid short sleeve button down collar shirt, some kind of batik-ey swim shorts, a l/s pullover, and a red stripe polo.
Pickings were pretty slim although I did pick up a pair of grey cord officer pants plus the sale shorts and blue shirt.

lawlercon

Reaction score
saw some japanese resellers in the PRL outlet at ellengton the other night. they seemed to be traveling and were definitely dressed like they were from japan - crazy that people fly in to **** hole florida to go to the outlets.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple new pickups from the Georgetown RL store.

The red Heartland one surprised me - thought it would look to frontierish, but actually quite nice. The henley is just awesome - RRL makes great henleys.

I'm surprised at how much stuff is still available and on sale. The Heartland buckleback pants are on sale for $131 ($175 less 25%). They have a 32x34, 30x32, and 38x32 in stock. They also have one red chambrey - L, I think. I don't remember the price, but seemed expensive still. I'd encourage folks to call around if you're looking for something. They will also look up other stores and order for you for $15 shipping.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

saw some japanese resellers in the PRL outlet at ellengton the other night. they seemed to be traveling and were definitely dressed like they were from japan - crazy that people fly in to **** hole florida to go to the outlets.

the guys in japan are selling above US retail if I can recall, got to cover the ticket and hotel I suppose...

srgprod

Reaction score

The red Heartland one surprised me - thought it would look to frontierish, but actually quite nice. The henley is just awesome - RRL makes great henleys.

Love those shirts. Nice find...

jfurt

Reaction score

I'm surprised at how much stuff is still available and on sale. The Heartland buckleback pants are on sale for $131 ($175 less 25%). They have a 32x34, 30x32, and 38x32 in stock. They also have one red chambrey - L, I think. I don't remember the price, but seemed expensive still. I'd encourage folks to call around if you're looking for something. They will also look up other stores and order for you for $15 shipping.

Picked up that same red shirt at that store a month ago. Get a lot of compliments on it, and it's perfect for hot weather. Nice setup in there too with a pretty pleasant staff.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New slim fits don't have back pocket arcs? Been seeing some in ads without any arcs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads