The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

I remember that thread too. When I first saw that thread I went straight to my local TJ Maxx and Marshalls. But couldn't find a single pair.

I think the reason why RL dumped their whole season to TJ Maxx and Marshalls was because of the lawsuit, maybe that lawsuit prevented RL selling at their own outlet stores.

But, Can you guys find any RRLs at TJ Maxx or Marshalls these days? I saw two shirts at Filene's basement in downtown Chicago(Maybe from Barney's because they had whole bunch of Barney's house brand shirts)

2. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

There were a lot of kids on sufu/hypebeast who were cleaning it all out and reselling it. It was around the same time the thread on sufu had gained a lot of popularity. As soon as the RRL raw jeans stopped being shipped to TJX was around the same time interest in the label died off there. $50 was the going rate and all they're willing to pay. I don't think anyone there could justify $225 MSRP when there are lots of other raw denim labels out there that will give better fades, detailing, fit, etc.

3. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

What else do you know about RRL?
    Tell me everything you know, I'll give you cookie.

4. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I will pass, moving back to Asia, wearing that in Taipei is going to be unbearable..., looks good though

5. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Marshalls and TJMaxx now have these "designer" sections. The prices don't seem all that great, to be honest - last time I was there, several months ago, they had Rag and Bone jeans for about $100. They've caught on to the game and are now trying to market the high end stuff. If RRL makes it back there, I'd be surprised if jeans are priced for much less than $100, as well.

6. mfrege

mfrege Senior member

Stu00a isn't a RRL vet, just a factory vet. He only started posting here recently. When he realized not long ago that there was a demand for RRL he changed his avatar to a RRL icon and has been posting (often the same question over and over..... and over) in this thread 5 times a day to keep his sell sig visible. I mean, it's just stating the obvious isn't it?

7. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

You think I joined forum for my ebay sales? I don't think so. I'm here to discuss and learn from the others. Then what about other guys? like Spoo, is he just here to sell his stuff with his ebay signature?

And Do you think I'm just a seller? No, I buy RRL for myself and I like them. Do I need your permission to change my avatar?

You are just one guy who has no access to outlet whatsoever, that is how you sounds.

8. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

even is someone is promoting their ebay store, i dont see the harm in that. you have the option to do so in your signature, so why not? besides, stu00a has posted some good info for newbies like myself.

9. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

+1

10. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I have another question for El Duderino. I'm was looking at these. Would you say that the sellers measurements are accurate? Why do these measurements seem to differ so much from the other shorts I asked you about a while ago (i.e. the tagged W33 being an actual W36?)

Thanks for your help Sir.

11. airportlobby

airportlobby Senior member

The limited edition items are so odd. The few times I've been to dedicated RRL stores, I somehow missed them. Seen a few at the outlets lately. Almost picked up a peacoat in my size with a large red cross emblem on the back... but when the hell would I want to wear such a thing, even if it looks good on the wall....

If anyone turns up a pair of the green slim fits in 33, holla at me. None at my outlet so far. There have been a ton of taupe regulation chinos lately. Not as good a cut as the officer's chinos, but pretty nice once the wrinkles are washed out.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  12. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

I think the greens are low straights.. Right?

13. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

That's because the ebay sellers don't know how to measure garments. The pair you linked appear to be this season's navy officer chino shorts. Those measure +2" larger than tagged. The only reason the other pair ran +3" larger was since it's those were the regulation cut which have slightly looser waistband. Note that the navy shorts were ringing up ~$89 in stores and should still be readily available.

Not seeing them at stores is more due to the fact that they usually don't get merchandised on the mannequins and they are either hanging up or buried somewhere folded on a shelf. If they are on a mannequin, they take the tags off, so you wouldn't know the piece was limited edition unless you were made aware of it.

And the greens were low straights, not slim fit

14. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i've never seen them in slim fit either, i have a pair of the grassy hills in low straight.

15. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior member