The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

I think that the ways in which RRL is expanding is due to an increased demand for the product, and the exposure it's getting on eBay will be balanced out by the Polo.com sales that they'll be making. I wonder if the production run of certain items is going to be less or more due to this new online revenue stream that they'll be getting. I think the appeal of the brand will only grow, which isn't a good/bad thing yet - we shall see once it's online!

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Got to the outlet today. The 50% off really kills prices; a few things there just seemed to be too expensive still. I saw the farmer's jacket there, but even on sale, still 2 bills, so I passed.

Lots of winter/autumn flannel shirts and shirt jackets. Not sure what collection they are from. Also not great prices.

I did pick up one thing for myself - got these distressed/repaired/painted slim bootcuts. I'm usually anti-distressing, but I'm coming around, and these are really cool. They are a nice lightish blue/aqua wash (tag says Seneca). One repair is via a selvedge denim patch!

On sizing (and not surprising) - these are 32x34, and they are fine in the thigh and just a little tight in the waist - but the waist is almost perfect to accommodate stretching. The cream colored slim bootcuts I had bought before were the same tagged size, but I could not even get them past my thighs. Ugh!

[​IMG]

3. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I'd think a return policy would help sales. I'd bet most buyers would even be willing to pay shipping. I returned something once and was really happy the seller had the policy. I had to eat shipping both ways, but I think that's more than fair. And the seller was really nice about it, which makes me want to buy from him again.

4. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

The reason why I have my return policy under certain circumstance is because of some dishonest buyers.

One time I had one item returned and he claimed that the item was damaged, which I inspect them before I ship. He opened a dispute on ebay and I had to eat that shit. Losing money and item combo.

Will have to conaider changing return policy seriously.

5. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

But you can hold their money until the item comes back, right? So you have protection in case they don't return it. And if someone is going to claim it's damaged, they can open a claim even without a return policy.

6. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

And also, having to pay return shipping is a deterrent (maybe small) to people who just want to play games.

7. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i know a few ppl were looking for the red chambray a while back, it's on sale for $129 (from $250). they had S and M i believe.
    willing to do a free proxy since i will be going back later this week to get a cap. let me know!

8. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Where did you see this? Barneys? Polo? Outlet?

9. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Great pickup! Those jeans are the best.I'm w/you on distressing but these are very well done. Btw, I believe Stu00a is selling the Farmers coat, sz 44 (big) on Ebay. You might want to check it out. Maybe he'll cut you a deal...:D

10. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

Polo/RRL has had Kon Tiki ~50% off for a while now

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Hey, thanks. Indeed, Stu00a does. I need a 40R. Tried it on in the store, and it even runs a little big - probably to accommodate layering. I need to hope it's still there when the 75% comes back...

12. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Right, but I never saw the Red Chambrays there. Only at Barneys I've seen them.

13. el duderino

Given the fact it's an engineer jacket, a looser cut was expected, but I found it really badly cut, espcially in the arms. Downsizing is just going to make it fit more awkward. And just to demonstrate the ridiculous markup (even factoring in ebay fees) that was last ringing up in stores ~$250 meaning it could be bought at outlets for $62. It's real name was the Balloon Jacket, (they re-use that label that says "farmer's coat" on multiple pieces). Cool fabric, but I'd stick to Post O'Alls for engineer jackets.

Weird, probably best to call around, don't think they sold many due to the high price for a plain chambray shirt.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I actually had the same reaction to the sleeves. I thought at the right price I would live with it. Makes me feel better about not getting it now. And the inside tag did say Balloon Jacket. These were still tagged at $400, down from $550 retail; thus $200 at 50% off. I didn't think to ask them to double check the pricing.

15. el duderino

Yeah, you are better off not buying that jacket. RRL needs a better pattern maker for their looser fitting jackets overall. I've always found it to be the case that they put out nice jackets, but there is always one detail that just ruins a piece.

Was that $400 price at an outlet? If so, funny to see outlets marking up prices, heh.