Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

anyone else notice at the top of polo.com there are links for both RRL and Denim and Supply? When you click the links it says "coming this fall" and has an email sign up. Not sure how I feel about this................

2. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

This has been in the works for a while, and I forget exactly, but it's probably going to list a small portion of the collection, my guess is mostly icon stuff. It's been a while, but I was under the impression it was going to be pics only, but who knows now. With the restrictions imposed on their wholesale accounts and the push towards brick and mortar sales, they'd have too much backlash from wholesale accounts and customers if everything was available online (unlikely anyways due to the huge amount of SKUs). And just as this thread has shown, the general public is not necessarily going to be eating up button up shirts that retail for 185-250 and pants in the $360+ range.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011

3. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Not surprisied that they have to do it eventually, though doubt if they will ever put the entire RRL on there. Maybe just like RLPL, very very limited offering online?

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I love this shirt. There is a seller on eBay who has this shirt along with several other chambrays for about $100/each. of the 3 styles listed this is my favorite

5. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Love those selvedge officer chinos.
    Pissed I passed on them last year.
    Where did you get those?

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

can anyone who owns the buckleback selvedge chinos comment on fit compared with the current office chinos???

7. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i had a pair of the buckleback chinos, although not selvedge, and they were way too big. the fit almost reminded me of wide legs.

8. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

was going to check out woodbury today, but called ahead and all they had left were size 34 and 40 in the slim fits. ah well...

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

where to kop, rkd? where to kop? :colgate:

10. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Outlet update: ALL 75% --> 50% now.

And

RRL coming to ONLINE this Fall!!!!
    Very interesting, I expect more RRL at outlets next year.

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

"Online" as in available off their website or through e-retailers? Because the latter isn't exactly new.

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

13. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Probably will be listed on "ralphlauren.com" because if they had their own so-called "rrl.com" or "doublerl.com" whatever, they probably didn't put it like Rugby.

who knows?

They can remove RRL off their website just like purple label couple years back. They put the purple label on online, and removed and then put the purple label AGAIN.

E-Commerce is growing strongly, their sales grew 15~20% compared to last fiscal year. By making RRL available online, it will eventually make manufacture fulfill RRL order more and more. As a result, many of the seasonal collection items will be end up at outlets.

14. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

RLPL online selection is extremely limited. You think RRL is going to go for the staple route, or seasonal route? Probably 2nd one makes more sense otherwise most people wouldn't bother checking the website if all they offer is the same thing every season (though I guess you can say that's more or less true for RLBL).

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I just wonder what the turning point for RL was. The whole point of RRL was that making a profit was an afterthought. Even today, they're super strict about what can and can't be posted of their collection or even advertisement materials. The whole reason I went to last year's Inspiration was to "unofficially" take photos for RRL since the company, store, employees, etc. couldn't themselves.

But then RRL was online before the whole vow of secrecy was set into place a few years back. Maybe this is just the fruit of their labor of hyping the brand through grassroots means and establishing a $$$ fanbase before bringing it to a wider audience.

Like with any brand, I hope added production doesn't mean a dip in quality and focus, not that it has with all the skus they put out every year.

Who's your source, if you don't mind me asking? I wouldn't mind asking my own and see what the rumor mill says.