The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

At least this forum and I are credited, although I would have preferred a simple PM as a courtesy.

But ebay SUCKS when it comes to reporting stolen photos. I remember all the hurdles I had to jump through to report photos that were being claimed as original to document the garment for sale. Even after I gave ebay the link to the original photos and all the requested information, they still sat on their asses and then wanted me to FAX them the form. Even after I FAXED them, they still said I was missing information that I had already given. Keep in mind that the item was ending in three days when I saw it and it took a week for them to tell me that info was still missing...

3. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

Gave up my hunt for the USMC jacket...so now I am just looking for a good ol'denim jacket (already faded). They are quite pricey on ebay, although none in Size S. Do they run TTS like RRL workshirts? I need a chest 40" Also, since some RRL stores are having their sales now...anybody seen good deals on the denim jackets? I guess I should start the process of calling the outlets one at a time.......

4. Rayson

Rayson Well-Known Member

At least this forum and I are credited, although I would have preferred a simple PM as a courtesy.

But ebay SUCKS when it comes to reporting stolen photos. I remember all the hurdles I had to jump through to report photos that were being claimed as original to document the garment for sale. Even after I gave ebay the link to the original photos and all the requested information, they still sat on their asses and then wanted me to FAX them the form. Even after I FAXED them, they still said I was missing information that I had already given. Keep in mind that the item was ending in three days when I saw it and it took a week for them to tell me that info was still missing...

It'll be a relief when people only use Etsy, forums, Gumtree whatever - rather than eBay - to buy and sell. A glitch messed up my account. I pointed it out to eBay and they said it meant the items I had for sale wouldn't sell properly. It's boring and complicated, but in essence their solution was to give me a set of wonky instructions, which I had to pass to whoever bought the items. Buyers were naturally suspect and wouldn't/couldn't go through with it. My mantra was: why do the buyers have to try to go through this? How is eBay unable to sort their glitch internally? I spent days and £40 (over $60) trying to sort the mess. The reps would interrupt, spend ages getting to some random point, and every time I asked them to let me finish they'd say not to interrupt them. They'd hang up if I insisted. The whole thing was Kafkaesque. That's the end of this lengthy tangential consumer gripe.

5. whodini

Hey guys, I need your help.

Take a look at the first page/post and let me know what I can update/add. Now with SF 2.0 I'm able to edit the post when before I couldn't.

There were a few that mentioned some new stores in the past and I'd also like to update the NYC info.

Cheers,

who

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

nice, could you add this RL store:

Ralph Lauren
    2040 Fillmore Street
    San Francisco, CA 94115

They carry a good amount of RRL

7. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

whodini, i'll send u the NYC info tomorrow unless someone gets it to you first... about to pass out.

what do u guys think of the new layout? did they take out that "my posts" button? i cant seem to find it and i always click on it every time i log on.
    and my B&S thread looks like a mess with the new setup.

8. whodini

Deez, thanks for the help.

Also, "My posts" is under "Forums>I've posted."

9. jsoo24

jsoo24 Senior member

i might be going to the polo store at woodbury. i called today and they said they got a new rrl shipment in yesterday. anybody looking for anything in particular. i can probably do pickups

10. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I didn't realize those were your photos. I actually wondered whether RL would care if images of their stores were being used for commercial purposed like ebay. Still a pretty shitty thing to do for a forum member to use another forum member's photos without the courtesy of asking permission.

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Call the RL stores, too, preferably one that carries RRL. They'll tell you, and if you get a good SA, they will also be able to look in the system and see if any of the stores have one, and then arrange to ship it to you.

The good SAs are happy to do it; I am pretty sure they have informal arrangements with each other where they split commissions. For example, I once had three items ordered for me. Two items were on one receipt with the name of the SA from my store, and one was on another receipt with the name of the SA from the store that shipped. So they shared credit for the sale.

12. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

<<<<<------- Uh... how did I get this new avatar, and who picked it for me? :facepalm:

13. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Here are pics of the new rinse denim western.
    This will also be released in a medium & light wash.
    [ATTACHMENT=1]New Image.JPG (165k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]
    [ATTACHMENT=2]denimwestern_002.jpg (63k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

14. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

thanks, saved me some trouble.

as far as RRL stores in NY... this is what's missing on the list.

Ralph Lauren stores that carry RRL:
    -SoHo (109 Prince Street) - as of now, they still carry RRL but I believe all their RRL inventory will be moving back to the 379 W. Broadway store when it opens

RRL-exclusive stores:
    -SoHo (379 West Broadway, NY) - this location is being renovated and will have strictly RRL
    -West Village (381-383 Bleecker Street) - this will be RRL home furnishings

RRL Vendors:
    Steven Alan

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

15. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Does anybody know what to expect from the RRL Home Furnishing stores or is this a new concept?