The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. X_X

X_X Well-Known Member

Not for that price, plus they wouldn't have something that old. Barney's is at 60% off now, so that means the retail would be around $245. The only cardi's that run that cheap are cotton sweat ones with terry loop inner. 100% sure he saw this one which is a seasonal icon piece.

[​IMG]

That cardigan is niceee. Would cop.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

I don't think those are women's. They have the really big size tag on the right rear pocket, they are size 32x30, and the cut looks like the usual men's jeans.

I think women's jeans don't have the big size tag, but rather a smaller one that is on the outside of the waistband. Also, I think the 3/4 is on the price tag, which is turned over here so you can't see it. Although the tag inside the jeans has a number on it, too... not sure which one is the number being referred to.

yeah that whole number thing got me confused. cuz it clearly starts with a 4 on the inner tag ...

3. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I have a hat, 2 chinos, and 4 pairs of jeans that start with a 4 on the label. Too buzzed to look at shirts

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah my officer chinos and my oxbloods in 28x34 start with #4. i think those on jake davis are also mens, not womens. so not sure whats up with the whole 4 vs 3 being mens/womens

but def the size tag on the right pocket and maybe the heftiness of the fabric, plus the stretch ones are obviously womens, are the easier signs of womens vs mens

5. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

That number is the RN Number and has nothing to do with what westside was talking about, which was the SKU. The RN number is that same number starting with 4 on all RRL.

6. palma

palma Senior member

Anybody able to proxy or looking to sell an RRL Blue Chambray (selvage) in Size S?

7. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Anybody able to proxy or looking to sell an RRL Blue Chambray (selvage) in Size S?

If you live in the states you can just call them and have it shipped to you. If not, well... carry on.

8. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

I was admiring the new red selvedge chambray from Kon Tiki the other day, but at $250 it's a little steep. Amazing lightweight (linen/cotton) fabric though.

A few days later I saw Ben Lawson in No Strings Attached wearing the same one. Seems RRL is being worn in a number of TV and movies recently.

[​IMG]

9. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

how do you tell its RRL lol, it looks like every other red chambray to me

10. el duderino

I was admiring the new red selvedge chambray from Kon Tiki the other day, but at $250 it's a little steep. Amazing lightweight (linen/cotton) fabric though. A few days later I saw Ben Lawson in No Strings Attached wearing the same one. Seems RRL is being worn in a number of TV and movies recently. [​IMG]
    That's not the same shirt. RRL doesn't make chinstraps that bulky and their shirts w/ selvedge fabric have them exposed on both sides of the inner placket. Kon Tiki one has flap pockets and no chin strap. Probably a Jcrew shirt.

11. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

These damn officer selvedge chinos are impossible to get. I called about 10 different stores looking for them!

Context doesn't carry them? I jost got an email from them stating that they restocked.

12. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

yup i think it's a j crew shirt, they tend to have those big white buttons on their chambrays

13. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

That's not the same shirt. RRL doesn't make chinstraps that bulky and their shirts w/ selvedge fabric have them exposed on both sides of the inner placket. Kon Tiki one has flap pockets and no chin strap. Probably a Jcrew shirt.
    You might be right, but all of my RRL selvedge shirts have the line exposed one one side of the inner placket, not both. The red chambray I examined at the RL store was the same. It does look like JCrew, but it should be RRL. I blame the wardrobe designer. The guy played the douchey antagonist, so it was definitely jcrew.

14. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Anybody purchase anything new from the Montana or Fall Icon collections?

15. el duderino

You might be right, but all of my RRL selvedge shirts have the line exposed one one side of the inner placket, not both. The red chambray I examined at the RL store was the same. .

Do you only have the oxfords? Just noticed the oxfords only have one side, but every other shirt I have has it on both sides. Pretty sure the red chambray was the same as these random ones I pulled from my closet:

[​IMG]