• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WaltDud

Reaction score
The brand "Homespun knitwear" also make some really great and historically correct henleys. As much as I like clothes from RL, I think Homespun makes a superior product, of which some actually look as if they were produced in the same fashion as they were about 100 to 150 years ago.

Where do you buy your homespun knitwear? I checked em out and Im intrigued.

michaelvl

Reaction score
Where do you buy your homespun knitwear? I checked em out and Im intrigued.
I am located in the Netherlands, I presume you are located in the U.S.A. I only buy from retailers that are located in the E.U. to prevent me to having to pay extra taxes on my purchases. I would advise you to go to the homespunknitwear dot com website and click on the third drawer on the homepage (stocklist), choose U.S.A. and/or Canada and browse the online retailers that they refer to.

GermanDude

Reaction score
Fair enough, in regard to your preference for the RRL style, different strokes for different folks. Buy and enjoy what you like most!

My only gripe is when it comes to quality of fabric and overall finish, the ones from RRL I have owned were lacklustre compared to the ones I own by Homespun. Generally speaking, both brands henleys are offered at a similar price point. Price/quality wise, I just think RRL is lacking in the henley department.
I am pretty sure your Homespun is better but it's like 130 euro here and i haven't seen it in sales like RRL. Retail price is similiar that's true. RRL is never worth full retail... most items i get at 50% off or more.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Boot comparison.

aihhhx1ntmqpsfh75vvrlw-jpg.2177771

yd5-npb0sjoeori79m9bmq-jpg.2177773

img_9974-jpeg.2205433

I got the black Congress boots and the cowboy boots at the $1000/$500 event in April and just got the roughout engineer boots from the current sale today.

Fit of the Congress boots and engineer boots are similar but engineer boots are fractionally roomier. Cowboy boots are very snug. When they were new I almost returned them but I've been wearing them during the day as I WFH to help break them in. I wouldn't walk a long distance in them but they're quite wearable now although a pain to get them on/off.

I like these new engineer boots. They fit me quite well. Leather is very heavy and hides are allegedly sourced from the RRL ranch. $990 retail is kind of insane though. And even at 30% off they're a bit questionable. That's more than any of my Vibergs and most of my Aldens or C&J. But, being an RRL ho, I don't really regret getting them.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Boot comparison.

aihhhx1ntmqpsfh75vvrlw-jpg.2177771

yd5-npb0sjoeori79m9bmq-jpg.2177773

img_9974-jpeg.2205433

I got the black Congress boots and the cowboy boots at the $1000/$500 event in April and just got the roughout engineer boots from the current sale today.

Fit of the Congress boots and engineer boots are similar but engineer boots are fractionally roomier. Cowboy boots are very snug. When they were new I almost returned them but I've been wearing them during the day as I WFH to help break them in. I wouldn't walk a long distance in them but they're quite wearable now although a pain to get them on/off.

I like these new engineer boots. They fit me quite well. Leather is very heavy and hides are allegedly sourced from the RRL ranch. $990 retail is kind of insane though. And even at 30% off they're a bit questionable. That's more than any of my Vibergs and most of my Aldens or C&J. But, being an RRL ho, I don't really regret getting them.

If you don’t already own one, get a boot jack. It’ll change your life

WaltDud

Reaction score
I like Mexico. I can do that. I have a hat from RRL that's made in "Cambodge" lol. Had to look that up to find out it was Cambodia. Like how'd they find THAT factory and be like can you make us some hats..

heebalabala

Reaction score
Late to the henley discussion but my go-to henleys are from Faherty. I only use them for layering so no need for anything more than basic fabrics.

Quality is great and the weights are ideal for warmer Houston/Southwest US climates. They have seasonal short-sleeve 100% linen henleys available right now that are awesome, particularly the "natural" color.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smooth bernie