• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know how long the designer sale runs? Looking at the knit henleys. How do y'all feel about them? Do they shrink much? I might size up to L, but they're out in my desired colors so I'm considering settling for brown. I don't want to waffle and miss out.

Love those, and they are a staple for me. I take a M in regular RRL shirts, and took a M in the henley. They do shrink up a bit, but after 10 or 15 minutes of wear, they stretch out to where they originally were, more or less. They are perfect for layering, especially the short sleeve versions..

Rob_Roy

Reaction score
Anyone know how long the designer sale runs? Looking at the knit henleys. How do y'all feel about them? Do they shrink much? I might size up to L, but they're out in my desired colors so I'm considering settling for brown. I don't want to waffle and miss out.

You talking bout the long sleeve waffle-knit henleys?? You might've missed the discourse several months back, but we all love 'em here lol. I think they're the best henleys around.

I’ve long wanted to find an alternative to RRL’s henleys, but there’s just nothing better, so when they go on sale, I usually grab one or two.
As far as shrinkage, they will if you tumble dry on hot. But also will stretch back out some if hung dry. As I wear them almost exclusively as an undershirt, it doesn’t matter much to me if they shrink some.

WaltDud

Reaction score
Same, they're undershirts for me; 9 times out of 9 they're under a flannel. It's gotten to the point now where I want every color lol and that baby blue one from the current season keeps whispering to me. It goes in and out of stock though.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, I wear Iron Rangers pretty much exclusively. Most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. They look great with RRL denim and chinos. Mocs aren't really my thing though.
I love the iron rangers look but find them horribly uncomfortable.. Nowadays I size them to fit an insole and am much happier

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
who makes those engineers? any ideas?

Roughout suede sourced from Mr. Lauren’s Double RL Ranch in Ridgway, Colorado. Handmade at a Texas workshop that has been constructing boots for over 160 years on traditional lasts, which create a fit that is looser through the heel to allow for comfort and flexibility during riding.

Also, Anybody rocking Red Wings with their RRL?
I lost interest in Red Wings for years as I could never get the sizing right but recently picked up a couple of mocs at steal prices. Fits the RRL look perfectly.

I've heard that RW may rerelease their engineer boots in the next few years as they recover from COVID.

Have a few pair of Iron Rangers that I mainly use for riding motorcycles, and a pair of the heritage tan wedge sole ones that I mainly use for looking like a hipster

WaltDud

Reaction score
@zippyh also whispers of their waffle knit hoodies being amazing but I've yet to find one. I'm on the lookout... in this damn near 100 degree weather in Texas...

WaltDud

Reaction score
Heddels also wrote up a history of the henley recently, and there's other options on there if you're curious to see what else is available from other brands @zmars

GermanDude

Reaction score
1719345180734.png
1719345216403.png
scored this for 330 euros, anyone got it? wasnt a huge fan of that colourway at first but now i just had to get it at this price.

WaltDud

Reaction score

zmars

Reaction score
You might've missed the discourse several months back, but we all love 'em here lol. I think they're the best henleys around.
I did miss it, but I am now educated on their quality. 😂 Seems like a consensus. And thanks for the Heddels article.

Love those, and they are a staple for me. I take a M in regular RRL shirts, and took a M in the henley. They do shrink up a bit, but after 10 or 15 minutes of wear, they stretch out to where they originally were, more or less. They are perfect for layering, especially the short sleeve versions..
I’ve long wanted to find an alternative to RRL’s henleys, but there’s just nothing better, so when they go on sale, I usually grab one or two.
As far as shrinkage, they will if you tumble dry on hot. But also will stretch back out some if hung dry. As I wear them almost exclusively as an undershirt, it doesn’t matter much to me if they shrink some.
I will go with M then, thanks! Looking forward to slipping them on and having other henleys ruined for me forever.

michaelvl

Reaction score
The brand "Homespun knitwear" also make some really great and historically correct henleys. As much as I like clothes from RL, I think Homespun makes a superior product, of which some actually look as if they were produced in the same fashion as they were about 100 to 150 years ago.

GermanDude

Reaction score
The brand "Homespun knitwear" also make some really great and historically correct henleys. As much as I like clothes from RL, I think Homespun makes a superior product, of which some actually look as if they were produced in the same fashion as they were about 100 to 150 years ago.
I don't think it is RRL's goal to make everything historically accurate. I actually like RRL for combining old classic styles with a bit of new fashion style oomph to it. Plus you can get RRL sometimes on a big clearance which is not the case for many of these nieche brands ... i got a RRL henley for 70 bucks lately and im happy with it.

michaelvl

Reaction score
I don't think it is RRL's goal to make everything historically accurate. I actually like RRL for combining old classic styles with a bit of new fashion style oomph to it. Plus you can get RRL sometimes on a big clearance which is not the case for many of these nieche brands ... i got a RRL henley for 70 bucks lately and im happy with it.
Fair enough, in regard to your preference for the RRL style, different strokes for different folks. Buy and enjoy what you like most!

My only gripe is when it comes to quality of fabric and overall finish, the ones from RRL I have owned were lacklustre compared to the ones I own by Homespun. Generally speaking, both brands henleys are offered at a similar price point. Price/quality wise, I just think RRL is lacking in the henley department.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedHarris