• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fenderplyr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, while I was waiting on a reply I asked myself why I'm being stupid and to just rock the boots. Told myself life's short and I'll probably die one of these days... almost certain of it, like I don't doubt it at this point.. so I'ma enjoy em. They will have their debut today 😂

Thanks guys.
The hardest part of engineers is finding one with a good fit so if they work for you, go for it

WaltDud

Reaction score
I used to like Frye a lot. My first "proper" boot was from them. Cap toe, rough-out suede boots made in USA. I didn't understand my sizing then so they don't really fit me but from what I recall... Frye isn't what they used to be anyway. Sad what time and the economy can do to brands.

zmars

Reaction score
Honestly, while I was waiting on a reply I asked myself why I'm being stupid and to just rock the boots. Told myself life's short and I'll probably die one of these days... almost certain of it, like I don't doubt it at this point.. so I'ma enjoy em. They will have their debut today 😂

Thanks guys.
Nah, you don't want to wear those... how about this: I'll do you a favor and take em off your hands for ya. No need to thank me. I'm a real mensch, I know.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used to like Frye a lot. My first "proper" boot was from them. Cap toe, rough-out suede boots made in USA. I didn't understand my sizing then so they don't really fit me but from what I recall... Frye isn't what they used to be anyway. Sad what time and the economy can do to brands.

They ran an "Artisan Series" a few, well, more like 10 or so years ago. These boots were very well made, beautiful hides, very nice designs. I had a pair of the harness boots in tan and black. Sure I have photos of them somewhere, but donated several years back, they just weren't getting much wear anymore. Wish they'd bring those back in other styles, as they were really nicely done. That said, the ones in the photo are also very nice.

WaltDud

Reaction score
Nah, you don't want to wear those... how about this: I'll do you a favor and take em off your hands for ya. No need to thank me. I'm a real mensch, I know.
Honestly... I would love to but I just wore them and now they're scuffed, used, and abused. I would feel like I'm insulting you if I were to send 'em to you in that condition. But I won't rob your eyes of feasting on 'em lol:

IMG_4929.jpg

WaltDud

Reaction score
They ran an "Artisan Series" a few, well, more like 10 or so years ago. These boots were very well made, beautiful hides, very nice designs. I had a pair of the harness boots in tan and black. Sure I have photos of them somewhere, but donated several years back, they just weren't getting much wear anymore. Wish they'd bring those back in other styles, as they were really nicely done. That said, the ones in the photo are also very nice.
Just checked their current inventory. Nothing like that jumps out, unfortunately. They do have some brown engineers that look nice but.. too many other, better options. Poor Frye.

zmars

Reaction score
Anyone know how long the designer sale runs? Looking at the knit henleys. How do y'all feel about them? Do they shrink much? I might size up to L, but they're out in my desired colors so I'm considering settling for brown. I don't want to waffle and miss out.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
who makes those engineers? any ideas?

Roughout suede sourced from Mr. Lauren’s Double RL Ranch in Ridgway, Colorado. Handmade at a Texas workshop that has been constructing boots for over 160 years on traditional lasts, which create a fit that is looser through the heel to allow for comfort and flexibility during riding.

Also, Anybody rocking Red Wings with their RRL?
I lost interest in Red Wings for years as I could never get the sizing right but recently picked up a couple of mocs at steal prices. Fits the RRL look perfectly.

I've heard that RW may rerelease their engineer boots in the next few years as they recover from COVID.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Roughout suede sourced from Mr. Lauren’s Double RL Ranch in Ridgway, Colorado. Handmade at a Texas workshop that has been constructing boots for over 160 years on traditional lasts, which create a fit that is looser through the heel to allow for comfort and flexibility during riding.

I lost interest in Red Wings for years as I could never get the sizing right but recently picked up a couple of mocs at steal prices. Fits the RRL look perfectly.

I've heard that RW may rerelease their engineer boots in the next few years as they recover from COVID.
Rios of Mercedes.

zmars

Reaction score

Yep, I wear Iron Rangers pretty much exclusively. Most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. They look great with RRL denim and chinos. Mocs aren't really my thing though.

WaltDud

Reaction score
Anyone know how long the designer sale runs? Looking at the knit henleys. How do y'all feel about them? Do they shrink much? I might size up to L, but they're out in my desired colors so I'm considering settling for brown. I don't want to waffle and miss out.
You talking bout the long sleeve waffle-knit henleys?? You might've missed the discourse several months back, but we all love 'em here lol. I think they're the best henleys around.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephaniemills