• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noretailplease

Reaction score
IMG_4737.jpeg

DoctorDisco

Reaction score
Looking to get some info on this jacket, is it a recent model?

Attachments

• 63EA3315-B7FB-4E6D-81A4-C37980347050.png
    63EA3315-B7FB-4E6D-81A4-C37980347050.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DD5CA0DD-BDE2-4CB7-90AB-874F1D782F97.png
    DD5CA0DD-BDE2-4CB7-90AB-874F1D782F97.png
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 38

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Looking at a 2016 catalog and kind of surprised that the Congress boots are the same price then as now. Style is slightly different now.
congressboot2016.jpg

Engineer boots are now $990 though.
engineerboot2016.jpg

Fenderplyr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was the maker just prior to the version I wasn’t crazy about

View attachment 2204651 View attachment 2204653
Are those the Julien made versions youre wearing? Those were probably the best, on par with lofgrens.

The ones from the catalog above were terrible. I remember ordering like 3 pairs all with the back stitching totally ripped in half and had the look of a toaster on foot

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are those the Julien made versions youre wearing? Those were probably the best, on par with lofgrens.

The ones from the catalog above were terrible. I remember ordering like 3 pairs all with the back stitching totally ripped in half and had the look of a toaster on foot

I am fairly sure they are, yes. That was my issue, really bad looking heels, and just looked like loaves of bread sitting on your feet down there. I recognize its hard to put any kind of shape to harness or engineer boots, but I found that those RRL, and some Frye Artisan series harness boots I had came the closest to not being totally and completely unsightly.

WaltDud

Reaction score
These aren't RRL, they're Belstaff, but they're the only engineers I got. I bought em a loooong time ago from some eBay seller in Europe and got em relatively cheap cause they started bidding at 0.01. Made in Italy (Belstaff doesn't make any of their footwear in Italy anymore, all Portugal now) and I don't think they were for sale in the American market. Never wore 'em cause I thought about reselling them but what do y'all think? Rock em??

IMG_4924.JPG

IMG_4925.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
These aren't RRL, they're Belstaff, but they're the only engineers I got. I bought em a loooong time ago from some eBay seller in Europe and got em relatively cheap cause they started bidding at 0.01. Made in Italy (Belstaff doesn't make any of their footwear in Italy anymore, all Portugal now) and I don't think they were for sale in the American market. Never wore 'em cause I thought about reselling them but what do y'all think? Rock em??

View attachment 2204795
View attachment 2204797

Of course you should.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 2204795
View attachment 2204797

They're great looking boots, I'd say yes..

WaltDud

Reaction score
Honestly, while I was waiting on a reply I asked myself why I'm being stupid and to just rock the boots. Told myself life's short and I'll probably die one of these days... almost certain of it, like I don't doubt it at this point.. so I'ma enjoy em. They will have their debut today 😂

Thanks guys.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picoclothings