• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
Looks good. I've used leather conditioner on a couple of my jackets that felt dry but those were the exceptions. Other than them I've done nothing to them. This one will look better as it gets beat up.

My only gripe about this jacket is the side pockets are kind of small and my phone doesn't really fit.
Thank you. I will buy some conditioner just to have it in house when needed. It already has a nice patina on it, but like you say, I feel it will only get better in the future.

The pockets are indeed small, but I can fit my iPhone 14 pro in the inside pocket rather nicely.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
White LE trucker, LE vintage fit, hat. Tricker's.
whiteLEtrucker.jpg

And the photographer. She admitted the Barbour was a bit warm (about 60F).
thephotographer.jpg

kurdo

Reaction score
View attachment 2203807
The leather jacket is beautiful. I’d prefer it if it would be a bit longer, because untucking my longer work shirts make them protrude a lot under the jacket and that is not my favorite look.

But tucked in like this. Damn I never saw myself looking as cool as this. It really embodies a part of the RRL look for me.

Does anyone have any tips how to care for a leather jacket like this? I’ve never owned one before and really want to keep it good long term.

Looks great!

I prefer leather and denim jackets to be like that (on the shorter end). I get what you mean with untucked shirts, but tucked-in is the superior look anyway :p.

I am thinking of getting this oversized denim jacket for untucked shirt styles.

s7-1501410_lifestyle.jpg

Ideally, to pair with this limited edition jeans. However, it's sold out in my size! I need a W31. If anyone comes across one, please let me know :). I think the colors will go great together. Also like that both the jacket and the jeans have oversize pockets.

s7-1501506_lifestyle.jpg

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
Looks great!

I prefer leather and denim jackets to be like that (on the shorter end). I get what you mean with untucked shirts, but tucked-in is the superior look anyway :p.

View attachment 2203851

Ideally, to pair with this limited edition jeans. However, it's sold out in my size! I need a W31. If anyone comes across one, please let me know :). I think the colors will go great together. Also like that both the jacket and the jeans have oversize pockets.

View attachment 2203853
Thanks man. I agree that the tucked look looks great with a lot of shirt, but I have not altered the shirts for a tailored fit and some of them just balloon around the core and that doesn't look all too well.

Does anyone here bring their work shorts to a tailor?

For now I'll use my looser fitting work shirts with my overshirts and my t-shirts, western shirts and slimmer fitting shirts with the leather jacket.

Nice combination. I've thought about ordering that longer jacket too. Not too expensive. And with that combination, you'll never run out of pocket space!

kurdo

Reaction score
Thanks man. I agree that the tucked look looks great with a lot of shirt, but I have not altered the shirts for a tailored fit and some of them just balloon around the core and that doesn't look all too well.
I don't like that either! Is that something a tailor can fix though?Will have all my shirts altered if they can
:D

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
I don't like that either! Is that something a tailor can fix though?
Yes, I believe taking it in a few centimeters around the waist should do the trick. But it feels wrong to ruin the triple stiching of the shirts and so I haven't bothered until now.

kurdo

Reaction score
Yes, I believe taking it in a few centimeters around the waist should do the trick. But it feels wrong to ruin the triple stiching of the shirts and so I haven't bothered until now.

I discovered some other solutions; a tailor can place "darts" to make the shirt slimmer, you can use different methods (i.e. the "military method") to tuck your shirt in properly, or you can use accessories like shirt stays. I am going to order the latter and see if it works.

If you never mentioned the "ballooning" effect of some tucked in shirts, I'd have never looked into solutions. Always assumed it was because the shirts were not tailored and therefore just the way it is and was always going to be, but apparently plenty other men are annoyed by the same thing – and already developed solutions for it! :D

zmars

Reaction score
you can use accessories like shirt stays.
Shirt stays are a godsend. Changed my life. I'm 6'2" and lanky as hell so I was constantly "ballooning" and sneaking off to the bathroom to re-tuck (a Sisyphean task). You have to play around with them every time you get dressed to ensure best fit, but the extra couple of minutes in the morning is more than worth it. (Also, they sometimes pinch your leg hair a little, but you stop noticing pretty quickly.)

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
Being 6'2" myself and also reasonably lanky, that is intereseting to read. Maybe that is a better way to start than altereing the shirts at the tailor. I'd also love to hear your experience once you receive them Kurdo.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Looks great!

View attachment 2203851

View attachment 2203853

A couple things about that shirt. It's not really what I'd call denim. It's soft and slightly stretchy. Also those pockets, although quite large, are not very useful. A pro max sized iphone will fall out fairly easily. I do like the piece though.

kurdo

Reaction score
A couple things about that shirt. It's not really what I'd call denim. It's soft and slightly stretchy. Also those pockets, although quite large, are not very useful. A pro max sized iphone will fall out fairly easily. I do like the piece though.

I'll give it a shot, I don't have anything like it, so may be perfect for specific occasions. Can always return it if I don't like it :)

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
IMG_5426.jpeg

The stitching in my leather jackets pocket is already coming loose. Big disappointment and contacted customer service right away to see if they will replace it or offer a discount.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuitOCD