• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil Ralph.
I received the black suede jacket in XL
Put it on and it's gigantic.

I checked the measurements against their size chart and they're spot on for the XXL despite it being marked XL.

Now I'm afraid if I see it come back in stock in XL I'll just get the same one.
So I ordered the leather car coat.

kurdo

Reaction score
Does anyone have this long waxed coat? How unique is this style for RRL? Really like it and may try to find one in my size.

RRL-by-Ralph-Lauren-Waxed-Cotton-Coat-Vintage-Black-25168-3_1800x1800_jpg.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil Ralph.
I received the black suede jacket in XL
Put it on and it's gigantic.

I checked the measurements against their size chart and they're spot on for the XXL despite it being marked XL.

Now I'm afraid if I see it come back in stock in XL I'll just get the same one.
So I ordered the leather car coat.

ew, that stinks man, talk about a letdown when that package arrived. I don't recall seeing a black suede jacket though, only the navy blue?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This one

Weird, I have never seen that one, and now the navy blue one that was very similar isn't on site anymore, maybe because its sold out? When I load RRL/outerwear this one doesn't even pop up, assume also due to fact it is sold out in all sizes.. not sure how I missed this one, maybe I need to uncheck the "filter out all badass leather jackets" box

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Weird, I have never seen that one, and now the navy blue one that was very similar isn't on site anymore, maybe because its sold out? When I load RRL/outerwear this one doesn't even pop up, assume also due to fact it is sold out in all sizes.. not sure how I missed this one, maybe I need to uncheck the "filter out all badass leather jackets" box
I think it disappeared from the site Tuesday. Sometimes you can see oos items if you do a web search for the right description. One case where the google hard turn to show products helps.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it disappeared from the site Tuesday. Sometimes you can see oos items if you do a web search for the right description. One case where the google hard turn to show products helps.

I was very tempted by the navy blue suede, almost identical pattern, but went for the brown suede roughout instead. Managed to wear it twice before Texas weather went all August on me

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It's still widely available on the NL/EU website (all sizes from XS to XXL).

Doesn't look black to me though. Loosk dark green.

Agree, it looks dark green in product pics. But in real life it's black.

Need a replacement for my red waxed oil cloth jacket. I like it a lot, excellent rain coat, but need a sleeker version.

You're not going to need either of those once you move to Portugal.

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
IMG_5405.jpeg

The leather jacket is beautiful. I’d prefer it if it would be a bit longer, because untucking my longer work shirts make them protrude a lot under the jacket and that is not my favorite look.

But tucked in like this. Damn I never saw myself looking as cool as this. It really embodies a part of the RRL look for me.

Does anyone have any tips how to care for a leather jacket like this? I’ve never owned one before and really want to keep it good long term.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 2203807
The leather jacket is beautiful. I’d prefer it if it would be a bit longer, because untucking my longer work shirts make them protrude a lot under the jacket and that is not my favorite look.

But tucked in like this. Damn I never saw myself looking as cool as this. It really embodies a part of the RRL look for me.

Does anyone have any tips how to care for a leather jacket like this? I’ve never owned one before and really want to keep it good long term.
Looks good. I've used leather conditioner on a couple of my jackets that felt dry but those were the exceptions. Other than them I've done nothing to them. This one will look better as it gets beat up.

My only gripe about this jacket is the side pockets are kind of small and my phone doesn't really fit.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScootsMcGee