• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
IMG_5353.jpeg

RRL overshirt, western and belt.

The overshirt is beautiful. The material is thicker and less stretchy than i expected. It looks almost the same as this seasons black overshirt, but that one is thinner and has some stretch in the wool.

kurdo

Reaction score
They updated the STAG website. You can get a 15% discount on your first purchase if you sign up for their newsletter. Most of us have ordered from there before, but no harm in trying. Nothing for me, so haven't tried it. Prefer the old website...

zmars

Reaction score
They updated the STAG website. You can get a 15% discount on your first purchase if you sign up for their newsletter. Most of us have ordered from there before, but no harm in trying. Nothing for me, so haven't tried it. Prefer the old website...
I prefer the old one too, but it was completely broken if you used any sort of adblocker or tracking protection. It seems to actually function now, but product photos are still blank. Kind of skeeves me out, tbh.

kurdo

Reaction score
I prefer the old one too, but it was completely broken if you used any sort of adblocker or tracking protection. It seems to actually function now, but product photos are still blank. Kind of skeeves me out, tbh.
Never had a problem with adblock (I use "uBlock origin").

However, seems like they switched back. Maybe they are lurking here :p

aquila49

Reaction score
Seems fairly likely. Recent years summer sale started late June. I haven’t followed tailored items though.
I've built several RRL suits piecemeal, buying the components on sale over the course of several seasons for styles that are repeated. This is the case with the Unconstructed Indigo Corduroy and Indigo Herringbone suit.

It wasn't intentional to start. I bought a jacket on sale, then added the companion piece when I saw that model was back in the rotation.

Probably not the smartest way to do it! And my Indigo Herringbone jacket looks slightly sun-bleached compared to the vest and trousers. But hey, it's heritage-style!

kurdo

Reaction score
Had FOMO and purchased this belt in size 40 while I am a size 34, with the intention of shorten it from the buckle end. However, I just looked at my other RRL belts, and shorten it from the buckle end (as not to ruin the end of the belt) may not be possible because of how that end is constructed. What would you do; keep the belt and use it and deal with it being too long, cut the end of the belt instead, or resell it?

I got it because I've been after one for a while. Have come across this belt in all sizes from 32 to 40 – except my size. The indigo leather just looks so cool.

393a663.jpg

WaltDud

Reaction score
Had FOMO and purchased this belt in size 40 while I am a size 34, with the intention of shorten it from the buckle end. However, I just looked at my other RRL belts, and shorten it from the buckle end (as not to ruin the end of the belt) may not be possible because of how that end is constructed. What would you do; keep the belt and use it and deal with it being too long, cut the end of the belt instead, or resell it?

I got it because I've been after one for a while. Have come across this belt in all sizes from 32 to 40 – except my size. The indigo leather just looks so cool.

View attachment 2200845

Whenever I come across long belts, I always think about how Brunello Cucinelli wears his. It’s a different aesthetic but when he’s casual, I’ve almost always seen the belt longer:

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 6.24.54 AM.png

I've also seen Urban Composition wear longer belts a few times, here's two different lengths:

IMG_4770.JPG

IMG_4771.JPG

How long does it look on you? It could work; you just have to own it. I wouldn't alter it in any way though. I'd either deal with the length or sell it.

michaelvl

Reaction score
Personally, I am not a fan of the extra long look. To me, it looks slovenly and conjures images of horse slong hanging out of the wearers pants. But hey, I am more of a C.M. than an S.W. guy, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Personally I would send it back to the store for a refund, in the E.U., sellers are obliged to take items back if returned within 14 days, if they haven't been used and have all labels attached, no questions asked. That would spare you the trouble having to sell it yourself, finding a buyer and/or dealing with fence sitters and low ballers etc.

Alternatively, you could take it to a cobbler or leather shop, they should have a belt tip cutter that should be able to cut a new tip shaped pretty much identical to the current one, the only thing that you will lose the inner continuous groove and some of the original intricate carvings in the tip, so in that sense it won't be 100% identical to what the factory or artisan produced.

Last edited:

kurdo

Reaction score
Personally, I am not a fan of the extra long look. To me, it looks slovenly and conjures images of horse slong hanging out of the wearers pants. But hey, I am more of a C.M. than an S.W. guy, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Personally I would send it back to the store for a refund, in the E.U., sellers are obliged to take items back if returned within 14 days, if they haven't been used and have all labels attached, no questions asked. That would spare you the trouble having to sell it yourself, finding a buyer and/or dealing with fence sitters and low ballers etc.

Alternatively, you could take it to a cobbler or leather shop, they should have a belt tip cutter that should be able to cut a new tip shaped pretty much identical to the current one, the only thing that you will lose the inner continuous groove and some of the original intricate carvings in the tip, so in that sense it won't be 100% identical to what the factory or artisan produced.
I got it from Buyee Japan for a pretty good deal, paid like $180 NWT. Returning it not really an option because of that.

I think I'll take it to a cobbler; not a fan of the extra long look either.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elesplendido