The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

x-post from SW&D C&J thread. White Bucks & RRL slim bootcut [​IMG]

2. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

^ Your pics are making me want to spend too much money. [​IMG]

3. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Other than the Las Vegas Outlet, are there any others that have a large selection of belts? I am looking for a canvas on blue ribbon/leather type belt. For W32, if anybody has seen any or could proxy me some please let me know. Something like these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i had a RRL ballstic nylon surcingle type (similar to the ones you posted but it was plain red). they knot very large, so keep that in mind.

also, just fyi they size those particular belts like 's' 'm' 'l' etc. not by numbers.

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I don't have those but I have other slim boot cuts. If you plan to wear often, I'd size down. The waist is a little big. The thighs however.. tight.
    It's love/hate with that cut. I don't get why they made the top block so much looser than the rest of the body. And they're tight enough around the thighs that it doesn't really work if you sag them.
    i had a RRL ballstic nylon surcingle type (similar to the ones you posted but it was plain red). they knot very large, so keep that in mind.

also, just fyi they size those particular belts like 's' 'm' 'l' etc. not by numbers.

I've never been able to figure out RRL sizing. I've got three or four belts that are all just a touch too big when each time I thought I was getting the right size. I'll still take "sorta wearable" over "yeah, no way."

5. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I don't think RRL has even been able to figure out RRL's sizing.

On that note, a local shop got slim bootcut raws in and I'm gonna try them on for the hell of it and see how they fit since I've only worn washed versions.

6. whodini

I'm sure you'll go TTS, fatty.

7. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

I think I'm like 5 months in on these jeans and I'm FINALLY starting to get some fadez.

These jeans are indestructible, though, so it's understandable.

8. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I'm sure you'll go TTS, fatty.

I'm going down 3 you one-language speaking car salesman

9. whodini

Lulz.

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Thanks for the measurements whodini.

PSA to people in San Francisco. The Barneys there has a big sale. I saw 4 different RRL shirts there for 69 and the grayish speckled shawl collar cardigan for 97. They still had a decent amount of smalls in stock and a few mediums.

11. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

Other than the Las Vegas Outlet, are there any others that have a large selection of belts? I am looking for a canvas on blue ribbon/leather type belt. For W32, if anybody has seen any or could proxy me some please let me know. Something like these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, if I wear size size 32 jeans, I am guessing an M would be the best size? How have you sized on these? So, anybody seen these or similar styles that might want to proxy.

12. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

I don't recall how I did. i wear 34s so it must have been either L or XL?

13. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

For those in London, Liberty and Bond St. both have RRL on sale. Price is not bad by UK standard, but retarded by US standard. For example they had non-selvedge red officer chino reduced to 115 GBP...

14. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Thanks for the measurements whodini.

PSA to people in San Francisco. The Barneys there has a big sale. I saw 4 different RRL shirts there for 69 and the grayish speckled shawl collar cardigan for 97. They still had a decent amount of smalls in stock and a few mediums.

Speckled shawl with knit patterns all over it from Shipyard?

15. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

Speckled shawl with knit patterns all over it from Shipyard?

Not for that price, plus they wouldn't have something that old. Barney's is at 60% off now, so that means the retail would be around $245. The only cardi's that run that cheap are cotton sweat ones with terry loop inner. 100% sure he saw this one which is a seasonal icon piece.

[​IMG]