• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
RRL winged piston varsity, hat, vintage fit jeans. Tricker's.
pistonvarsity.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I did a quick google search "tsl shop rrl" and found a website called The Sporting Lodge, based in the UK. I have come across them before, but never ordered from. If it is The Sporting Lodge, probably legit because it seems like a regular retailer of (luxury) brands
If you go to their ebay store page, the About tab says they're the Sporting Lodge.

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
s7-1501560_lifestyle

Can anyone tell me what to expect with a shirt of this bleeding color? If I wear a white henley or pocket t-shirt under it, what risks do I have with it bleeding color on the white undershirt?

I would be very displeased if I ruin my rather expensive RRL t-shirts or henleys by combining them...

zmars

Reaction score
Anyone buying anything from the various Memorial Day sales?
Picked up the Leeland Lot 271 jacket from Stag. Nothing fancy, but I've had my eye on it for a while. My daily driver is a Levi's 1936 Type I and I'm excited to switch it up.
the embroidered corduroy jacket from Canoe Club.
Nice! Had my eye on that and missed out. I shouldn't have slept on it.

bobbo28

Reaction score
I got the beat to hell carpenter pants from Stag and the embroidered corduroy jacket from Canoe Club.

Did you try on the carpenter pants in person or purchase sight unseen? I would assume the fit is slightly large like most RRL pants. I have a pair of the paint splattered painters pants from several seasons back that are really lightweight and super comfortable. I always get compliments on them whenever I wear them but part of me think has imposter syndrome when I wear them. I'm on the fence whether or not to pull the trigger on these herringbone pants...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Did you try on the carpenter pants in person or purchase sight unseen? I would assume the fit is slightly large like most RRL pants. I have a pair of the paint splattered painters pants from several seasons back that are really lightweight and super comfortable. I always get compliments on them whenever I wear them but part of me think has imposter syndrome when I wear them. I'm on the fence whether or not to pull the trigger on these herringbone pants...
I saw them in store before but did not try them on. But they're described as "engineer fit" and I have other pairs in that fit so I'm reasonably confident how they'll fit. Engineer fit is slightly less generous than the field fit.

You gotta learn to just own the tradesman cos play look.
Nice jacket! Love that design. How much RRL is in your collection?? Your fits are almost never the same pieces
Lots. I've been into RRL since the late aughts.
s7-1501560_lifestyle

Can anyone tell me what to expect with a shirt of this bleeding color? If I wear a white henley or pocket t-shirt under it, what risks do I have with it bleeding color on the white undershirt?

I would be very displeased if I ruin my rather expensive RRL t-shirts or henleys by combining them...
I'd say with this particular shirt it's a non-zero but fairly low chance of indigo crocking on lighter color items. Maybe hold off with wearing it with something white until you've washed it a few times though.

Vinnievh92

Reaction score
I saw them in store before but did not try them on. But they're described as "engineer fit" and I have other pairs in that fit so I'm reasonably confident how they'll fit. Engineer fit is slightly less generous than the field fit.

You gotta learn to just own the tradesman cos play look.

Lots. I've been into RRL since the late aughts.

I'd say with this particular shirt it's a non-zero but fairly low chance of indigo crocking on lighter color items. Maybe hold off with wearing it with something white until you've washed it a few times though.
Thanks. I'll hold off then until I've washed it a few times.

mrbig

Reaction score
I did a quick google search "tsl shop rrl" and found a website called The Sporting Lodge, based in the UK. I have come across them before, but never ordered from. If it is The Sporting Lodge, probably legit because it seems like a regular retailer of (luxury) brands
Bought from them before, occasionally they have quite good sales. Haven't had any issues.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After writing my post above, I had the luck that Breuninger (EU webshop) advertised two of my sale wishlist items here on Styleforum that were not visible on the website anymore.

100158020813000_0_1704187384076.webp

100158021918000_0_1710855836608.webp

Good finds, that belt almost never goes on sale, and its easily one of my favorites. I picked mine up last year, and probably wear it at least weekly. The brown roughout studded is nice too, but I usually only wear that one with buckle swapped out. My SA has this one on the way for me in 32, which will likely be the last of the studded belts I'll buy, before they get too overly repetitive

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soleord