The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

And they limit only 5 items per person, so basically you can only buy 5 items from 75% rack.

Manager said that there are too many resellers recently and they put a limit.

This is what frustrates me about RRL. It's so hard to even find out what's in the recent collections, until it all hits ebay at either near retail prices, or only sizes XL-XXL.

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Whodini and grundletaint, can you give me the thigh measurements on your low straights?
    11.5"
    skinny fat
    faaat.
    good shit whodini
    Thank you, sir.
    and if you want it to get even more confusing, check out the fit through the upper leg/seat of these sz 30 straights compared to the sz 30 low straights...
    Yeah, they look a like because you sized down two. Makes sense.

3. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

4. ispace

ispace Senior member

Las Vegas Polo Outlet is one of the highest sales stores in the States.

And I was there yesterday. They had quiet amount of RRL bags, belts, accessories.

And a lot of Blue Label stuffs.

And they limit only 5 items per person, so basically you can only buy 5 items from 75% rack.

Manager said that there are too many resellers recently and they put a limit.

Good. Fucking vultures, I'm sure they'll just keep coming back or use their family/friends. It's that kind of behavior that will get RRL removed from outlets full stop. RL would probably rather burn the stock at the end of the season than have them flood eBay.

5. b-ill

b-ill Senior member

Las Vegas Polo Outlet is one of the highest sales stores in the States. And I was there yesterday. They had quiet amount of RRL bags, belts, accessories. And a lot of Blue Label stuffs. And they limit only 5 items per person, so basically you can only buy 5 items from 75% rack. Manager said that there are too many resellers recently and they put a limit.
    I must have went a day too soon because they didn't have anything on Tuesday [​IMG]

6. fabrix

fabrix Member

I have run into the same problem at other RRL outlets [​IMG]

7. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

8. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

Does anyone have the slim boot cut desert/sand jeans? I'm wondering how much stretch they have (similar to the selvedge jeans?)

TIA

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-Dou...item3368cc8951

I don't have those but I have other slim boot cuts. If you plan to wear often, I'd size down. The waist is a little big. The thighs however.. tight.

9. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

Other than the Las Vegas Outlet, are there any others that have a large selection of belts? I am looking for a canvas on blue ribbon/leather type belt. For W32, if anybody has seen any or could proxy me some please let me know. Something like these [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

A Wisconsin outlet has RRL, Woodbury Outlet in NY is another, Austin, TX (eh, airportlobby?)

Which WI outlet carries RRL? The one closest to me (Kenosha) has diddly.

The Aurora outlet in IL got a few good shipments this season.

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

Dropped my Orchard St bucklebacks off at the tailors today. It's a new shop run by a young woman who "prides herself on altering garments so they don't look like they've been altered", and she has great reviews on Google. She's taking them in in the seat and waist, recreating the split waistband, moving the belt loops, and moving the cinch back to just below the belt line- all for $38! Let's hope it works out, because I've been searching for a decent tailor forever. She had a bunch of wedding dresses on the alterations rack, so I am willing to bet she knows what she's doing...

I'll post photos when I get them in a week or so...

12. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Dropped my Orchard St bucklebacks off at the tailors today. It's a new shop run by a young woman who "prides herself on altering garments so they don't look like they've been altered", and she has great reviews on Google. She's taking them in in the seat and waist, recreating the split waistband, moving the belt loops, and moving the cinch back to just below the belt line- all for $38! Let's hope it works out, because I've been searching for a decent tailor forever. She had a bunch of wedding dresses on the alterations rack, so I am willing to bet she knows what she's doing...

I'll post photos when I get them in a week or so...

Sounds very extensive, really hope things go well for you. Isn't the waistband one continuous strip? Does the tailor remove the entire thing, cut it down the required amount and reattach?

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

The waist band isn't actually split- it's continuous, but there is a notch above the waistband. She's going to do her best to recreate it, but I'll be ok with it if she can't do much. I'll just be happy to have them fit.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

The waist band isn't actually split- it's continuous, but there is a notch above the waistband. She's going to do her best to recreate it, but I'll be ok with it if she can't do much. I'll just be happy to have them fit.
    im looking forward to seeing the final product. I hope it turns out, zissou

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Received the wallet. Absolutely love the way it looks. Was nervous it would look "70s show ish" or bulky but fortunately it just looks like a really great quality, slim wallet. Thanks grundletaint [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]