• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of raw, these ones (low straights) are close to 10 years old now. Fades have really come along pretty well.

IMG_4803.jpeg

kurdo

Reaction score
Just picked up this limited edition olive selvedge. Is it normal for the cinch belt hardware to show up with rust? What's a good suspender to go with it as I think it's odd to use a regular belt with the cinch. Thanks.

s7-1484960_lifestyle

s7-1484960_alternate1
I just received my pair.

I originally ordered a size 32 via ralphlauren.com, but that was too tight. This time, I ordered a size 34 (only size left) and just tried them on. Size 34 is a bit large, but I can make it work with my shirt tucked. I hope it will shrink a bit after one wash.

Few questions:

The website I ordered this from (Cultizm) uses this fit description:

"Loose fit - Straight leg - Mid rise"

Loose fit is partially true, but it feels more like a regular-slim fit around the thighs. Straight leg is probably correct, although it's a bit wider than other RRL straight legs that I own. Mid rise I don't agree with. This feels like a high rise. What do you think?

Not sure yet if I'll wear these with suspenders (don't have any yet, anyway).

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t remember any of my RRL ever shrink though, they get tighter after wash but loose up after you wear them

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I just received my pair.

I originally ordered a size 32 via ralphlauren.com, but that was too tight. This time, I ordered a size 34 (only size left) and just tried them on. Size 34 is a bit large, but I can make it work with my shirt tucked. I hope it will shrink a bit after one wash.

Few questions:

The website I ordered this from (Cultizm) uses this fit description:

"Loose fit - Straight leg - Mid rise"

Loose fit is partially true, but it feels more like a regular-slim fit around the thighs. Straight leg is probably correct, although it's a bit wider than other RRL straight legs that I own. Mid rise I don't agree with. This feels like a high rise. What do you think?

Not sure yet if I'll wear these with suspenders (don't have any yet, anyway).
The paper tag on the back pocket in the pic says "Straight Leg".
Also doesn't it list the fit on the inside pocket?

So often what the fit is supposed to be versus what it actually is varies and is more a general guideline. You basically just get what you get.

Seems like this pair being a bit large might work for these though. Get some suspenders and cinch up that buckle.

kurdo

Reaction score
I am looking for a new backpack / weekendbag and consider getting one from RRL.

Will use for gym, running errands, city trips, etc. so it's important they can take a beating and withstand rain. Also important that they are practical; need to comfortably fit laptop, pair of shoes, clothes.

Would appreciate your thoughts & opinions on RRL bags.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am looking for a new backpack / weekendbag and consider getting one from RRL.

Will use for gym, running errands, city trips, etc. so it's important they can take a beating and withstand rain. Also important that they are practical; need to comfortably fit laptop, pair of shoes, clothes.

Would appreciate your thoughts & opinions on RRL bags.
Time for you to start exploring Filson.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keith2197