The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i remember some ppl mentioning that the selvedge officer chinos are coming back soon... an SA showed me the catalogue for this coming season and there was no mention of the selvedge ones, just the icon core ones.

2. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

i remember some ppl mentioning that the selvedge officer chinos are coming back soon... an SA showed me the catalogue for this coming season and there was no mention of the selvedge ones, just the icon core ones.

That's because the catalogs are made to feature seasonal pieces and don't show all the core items like the selvedge chinos. The core stuff is due for a restocking soon with the new collections

3. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

That's because the catalogs are made to feature seasonal pieces and don't show all the core items like the selvedge chinos. The core stuff is due for a restocking soon with the new collections

gotcha. the way the SA made it sound was that he wasnt expecting anymore.

he did show me an officer chino that's heavier than the "regular" (for lack of a better word) ones that look like they've been machine washed already. does anyone know which one i'm referring to? i'm in the process of getting them tailored but i'll post pics when i get them back.

4. karmaguy

karmaguy Senior member

i'm lookin to grab a pair of RRL jeans on ebay, but i'm unsure about sizing. i usually go with a 29 (sometimes 30) but i've heard RRL sizing is all wacky. I'd like something raw and slims, so any tips on what i should look for? much thanks

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

the denim on womens is different. it's lighter. there are also stretch selvedge models (2% elastane). i'm not saying whether that's bad or good but it is what it is.

also whodini FWIW those wallets are really excellent. i was very tempted to keep one for myself but i didn't because of poverty and the fact that i won't be able to use it until the school year starts anyway (biz cas job).

I don't remember the womens stuff being lighter ounce (dramatically). I'll have to go back through my photos with the denim descriptions but I don't remember them using a 10 oz vs a 14. The stretch stuff is a different story. Besides, it looks like this dude is just looking for skinny rrl jeans at a bargain instead of a specific model.

I've handled both wallets in person and love the leather they use. I've just always been on the fence because while nice it's just ridiculous at retail. When I can buy articles of clothing for less than a wallet (that I don't really need), clothing wins out every time. Still, I'm a whore for rrl so when the price is right I'll pull the trigger.

6. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

what is the retail on that wallet?
    the leather is definitely quality, and it may be odd to say it, but the smell is also intoxicating.

7. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

$135.

8. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

My rrl pantaloons have seen better days. I really like them, but ive already had some tailor butcher the repair twice. so im in like 30+$ already on repairs . Any suggestions on how to fix these blown knees?
    I was thinking cut out the knee/stitched up area and patching in something and stitching around the edges. Tempted to get all patchworky or just keep it clean w/ a similar fabric?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^the inside patch/stitch botch job

9. blklblk

blklblk Senior member

just sayin... we added a few more RRL woven's to our markdowns section this weekend..

our affiliate thread

there are a few for $99 as well.. [​IMG]

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

here's the denim wallet after 10 months or so
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This looks great. I just bought this wallet on ebay [​IMG] cant wait to get it

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah that looks awesome. if i wasnt working at a yuppity firm i would rock one as well

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

yeah that looks awesome. if i wasnt working at a yuppity firm i would rock one as well
    haaaa, I know how you feel because I work as an auditor. Right now im rocking a BB black leather wallet, rather boring imo. Im usually dressed up in wool slacks, ironed buttondown, polished shoes, etc, so this is a great way to incorporate a little more personality and RRL love into my workday

14. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

haaaa, I know how you feel because I work as an auditor. Right now im rocking a BB black leather wallet, rather boring imo. Im usually dressed up in wool slacks, ironed buttondown, polished shoes, etc, so this is a great way to incorporate a little more personality and RRL love into my workday

Where do you work?

15. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

here's the denim wallet after 10 months or so

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love RRL, but that wallet looks like something straight out of "That 70's Show".