• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HavilandTuf

Reaction score
Anyone know whether the Straight Fight Once-Washed Selvedge Jean is a permanent item in the collection and whether it is ever available in W33? I just ordered a W32, and it fits well with just a t-shirt tucked in, but gets a bit uncomfortable with a t-shirt + shirt tucked in. And accounting for shrinkage, it's probably wise to get W33 instead. But even though this jeans seem to be WIDELY available, I can't find it anywhere in W33, which makes me question whether they make it in that size. If they do, I'll return this one and wait for a re-stock.

Edit:

W33 is the only size not available in L30 **and** L32 (could deal with both). Maybe I just have a very common size (W33/L30 or W33/L32 seems to be ideal), which could explain my size to be unavailable for all jeans tried I have tried recently. Or it's a very uncommon size, so they don't produce as many :laugh:

View attachment 2142931

I'm currently selling a BNWT pair of these in W33 over on the B-S-T thread here (Note: I've dropped the price to $200 shipped in the US; if you are overseas I may have to charge a little more for shipping). They are a 35 inseam so you would have to have them hemmed, which I see as a plus since you can get the exact right size. Send me a message if interested!

kurdo

Reaction score
I'm currently selling a BNWT pair of these in W33 over on the B-S-T thread here (Note: I've dropped the price to $200 shipped in the US; if you are overseas I may have to charge a little more for shipping). They are a 35 inseam so you would have to have them hemmed, which I see as a plus since you can get the exact right size. Send me a message if interested!
I'd have to have that hemmed. I am also based in Europe, so after the cost of hemming, shipping & import fees, it be best for me to try to source a W33/L32 or W33/L30 in Europe. Thank you for the offer though! :D

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know whether the Straight Fight Once-Washed Selvedge Jean is a permanent item in the collection and whether it is ever available in W33? I just ordered a W32, and it fits well with just a t-shirt tucked in, but gets a bit uncomfortable with a t-shirt + shirt tucked in. And accounting for shrinkage, it's probably wise to get W33 instead. But even though this jeans seem to be WIDELY available, I can't find it anywhere in W33, which makes me question whether they make it in that size. If they do, I'll return this one and wait for a re-stock.

Edit:

W33 is the only size not available in L30 **and** L32 (could deal with both). Maybe I just have a very common size (W33/L30 or W33/L32 seems to be ideal), which could explain my size to be unavailable for all jeans tried I have tried recently. Or it's a very uncommon size, so they don't produce as many :laugh:

View attachment 2142931

Yes, and yes. Permanent, at least as long as I can remember

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RRL jeans, shirt, belt. Leather jacket is Schott.

IMG_4608.jpeg

midwest

Reaction score
Hey, can anyone tell me how the congress boots fit? Normally I would wear a 10 but am wondering if i should size up or not. Nice roughout pair is available online…..
fwiw I bought a pair a few years ago and they did fit TTS, but were a pain ********** to get on. Also, to me the sole had a pretty large "platform"--or "footprint" if you will--so that when I actually did real walking in them it was kind of exhausting. Maybe they're just too heavy to walk distances in. Not sure if that makes sense. But then again, I gave them away to a friend and he's worn them for years and loves them.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a relative newbie to RRL, I am pretty surprised by the amount of variation (or tolerance) in the washes and sizing of the shirting I have dealt with. For example from the fall season, the indigo corduroy and western moleskin shirts had a large variation in the number of washes it seems like some shirts had. Whereas one piece would be a deep indigo in the corduroy or dark teal for the western moleskin, another piece would be much more washed out/lighter colorwise.

Another example is the jacquard workshirts, multiple shirts in the same size would have a noticeable variance in the length of the shirt, some more than an inch shorter than others.

Long story short, I would have to dig through multiples of the same shirt to find the "best" version for me. Is this common for a higher end line?

Attached is a photo, 2 of the same shirt, right one is noticeably lighter/rougher due to extra wash:

Attachments

• 308E36FB-1F2B-430F-AEED-4404ACF207B3.jpeg
    308E36FB-1F2B-430F-AEED-4404ACF207B3.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

noretailplease

Reaction score
As a relative newbie to RRL, I am pretty surprised by the amount of variation (or tolerance) in the washes and sizing of the shirting I have dealt with. For example from the fall season, the indigo corduroy and western moleskin shirts had a large variation in the number of washes it seems like some shirts had. Whereas one piece would be a deep indigo in the corduroy or dark teal for the western moleskin, another piece would be much more washed out/lighter colorwise.

Another example is the jacquard workshirts, multiple shirts in the same size would have a noticeable variance in the length of the shirt, some more than an inch shorter than others.

Long story short, I would have to dig through multiples of the same shirt to find the "best" version for me. Is this common for a higher end line?

RRl cuts corners with its quality and production, no question. And its materials are often lacking, too, feeling cheap and temporary - to me, that is.

Lululemon had done the same thing over the past years - its quality has hit the skids.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRl cuts corners with its quality and production, no question. And its materials are often lacking, too, feeling cheap and temporary - to me, that is.

Lululemon had done the same thing over the past years - its quality has hit the skids.
Attached a photo. Also agreed about Lulu, stopped buying them completely

noretailplease

Reaction score

Lulu stopped the sweat collective on wmtm and the outlets - and a coworker said “it just looks like gym wear” - that’s when I stopped too lol. That plus the weird experiences with the cult-like “educators” and the quality dive.

Last edited:

noretailplease

Reaction score
Again, with the photo, RRL is unmatched for its western / Americana styling - it’s just when you look at other premium brands, you see rrl’s almost mall-wear like quality deficiencies.

oksir83

Reaction score
I bought two of the oil cloth leather yoke jackets from last season, same size. One was cut so much smaller that I couldn't even get it zipped up. Very concerning for an almost $1000 jacket. Same thing with two pairs of officers chinos, one 32 and one 33. The size 32 waist actually measured larger than the 33.

kurdo

Reaction score
Agreed about RRL shirt quality. Recently received some workshirts from Sugar Cane and I have to say they are superior or at least equal to RRL shirts that are twice or more the price. Also more consistent in terms of sizing.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I bought two of the oil cloth leather yoke jackets from last season, same size. One was cut so much smaller that I couldn't even get it zipped up. Very concerning for an almost $1000 jacket. Same thing with two pairs of officers chinos, one 32 and one 33. The size 32 waist actually measured larger than the 33.
RRL has always been inconsistent with sizing but that jacket was crazy weird fit.

Recently was marking some 34 length jeans to get chain stitched. One pair measured 33 and the other was over 35.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 76 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 76 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.8%

Forum statistics

Threads