The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

Cool man, do you mind posting a fit pic when you get em?
    Sure can

They had a bunch of the Heartland beat up version on sale at RL store in Honolulu on sale.
    They were $175.

Like el dude below says, mine were the rigid selvage twill, which I prefer.

Those are made of duck canvas though and with random rip pattern which is a pain if you can't see the pants in person. Orchard St ones were selvage twill.

Related to those Orchard St pants, had my camera out so took pic of a pair of pants with the similar cut that haven't seen any pics of. Fabric is similar to the Mister Freedom striped fabrics from this season's Les Apaches collection.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those are some very nice trousers!

2. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

Hey guys--quick question about raw denim.

The RRL limited edition black selvedge I got a few months ago have been wearing well. I really like them. However, they are still very stiff and I recently blew out the crotch after walking a few miles in the city in them. Seems like the stiffness and relative thinness of the denim cause them to tear easily in the high-wear spots, which obviously doesn't bode well for their future. There also seems to be A LOT of dye in them, could this be a factor?

I just get them back from Denim Therapy and they did a great job of reweaving the damage. Is there any way to prevent this in the future, say soften up the denim? Will a hot soak help? Thanks in advance.

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Hey guys--quick question about raw denim. The RRL limited edition black selvedge I got a few months ago have been wearing well. I really like them. However, they are still very stiff and I recently blew out the crotch after walking a few miles in the city in them. Seems like the stiffness and relative thinness of the denim cause them to tear easily in the high-wear spots, which obviously doesn't bode well for their future. There also seems to be A LOT of dye in them, could this be a factor? I just get them back from Denim Therapy and they did a great job of reweaving the damage. Is there any way to prevent this in the future, say soften up the denim? Will a hot soak help? Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure about this. Dye has nothing to do with it. The convention is that starchy denim wears in easier because it's quicker to take on creases, so perhaps if the denim is softer then there's more give and less stress at specific spots. Frankly, it's just speculation because it seems like blowouts aren't brand or wash exclusive.

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

5. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Got my (tagged 34") Key West cargo shorts today. Radical.
    nice. ebay?

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

8. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

yeah that's not a bad deal. i bought a bunch for $39 at the outlet. thing is, though, that the bigger selvedge ones cost the same. always check.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

yeah that's not a bad deal. i bought a bunch for $39 at the outlet. thing is, though, that the bigger selvedge ones cost the same. always check.
    check where?

10. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

check with people if they have more stuff that isn't on the floor. they don't put stuff out unless the merchandise on the floor has sold. sometimes they will get it for you from the back.

11. subdivide

subdivide Senior member

Marinate on this: I walked by the RRL shop on Bleecker today and the Ralph Lauren store across the street is closed down, soaped over windows display "RRL Home Furnishings coming Summer 2011"

12. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

nice. ebay?

Yep. Price was kind of high but it seemed to be the only place selling them. Absolutely no regrets [​IMG]

14. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

15. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

My local store's SA always tells me that whatever is on the floor is everything they have.
    I had no luck with any other stores as well. I guess I'm not that lucky like you.

they might be telling the truth stu00a.