• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I ordered something evening of the 10th and it shipped the 12th.

Bing75

Reaction score
Love this, shame about the price. Any chance of getting something similar at a cheaper price?

QUOTE="Mollysdad, post: 11218629, member: 378279"]
this black one was my all time favorite - I will never wear a coat which had a belt 😑

View attachment 1857920
[/QUOTE]

Mollysdad

Reaction score
Mine was on 40% off, back when the sales were worthy.

Love this, shame about the price. Any chance of getting something similar at a cheaper price?

QUOTE="Mollysdad, post: 11218629, member: 378279"]
this black one was my all time favorite - I will never wear a coat which had a belt 😑

View attachment 1857920
[/QUOTE]

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I was wondering if anyone has found a good replacement for the old selvedge officer chinos? I've long since outgrown mine and could use a replacement. JCrew used to make some good ones, but I'm not sure if their current iteration is as good or not. I have a pair from 3Sixteen that's pretty good, but wondering what else you guys have found to replace them. Thanks!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I was wondering if anyone has found a good replacement for the old selvedge officer chinos? I've long since outgrown mine and could use a replacement. JCrew used to make some good ones, but I'm not sure if their current iteration is as good or not. I have a pair from 3Sixteen that's pretty good, but wondering what else you guys have found to replace them. Thanks!

dockers used to do a model called K1 which have a great trad cut and used selvedge fabrics . also miusa , could look around the regular sites for those

carlos20co

Reaction score

I have 3 pairs of the jcrew selvedge officer chinos and the quality is really good. They cut wider than the RRLs so I had the legs tapered. I also got some Bills Khakis made from cramerton twill which are great, they are from a few years ago but there are some pairs on ebay NWTs

juniorsample

Reaction score

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
HOLIDAY20
Works on Alden too

AMidwestMan

Reaction score
Tonight’s family gathering rrl outfit. Last years cardigan, this years striped workshirt and some navy cords from a few season back. After all the eating the past few days I’m going for total comfort tonight.
4E2EBDD4-C288-4578-9F72-41765D07DD16.jpeg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

J Crew ones are nice but get ready for a really hyper “relaxed” fit, not nearly as trim as the RRL version, but maybe that’s not a deal breaker

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics