• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quinn's a fantastic guy, and I am so happy for his success
I don't know Quinn and don't know much about the retail staff situation at RL, but I would be surprised if it's that great a place to work. I have a friend who spent ~2 decades in corporate there. Although she was extremely loyal and developed great relationships, it was pretty clearly a dysfunctional organization which succeeds despite the way they treat people.

I can't share everything for a variety of reasons (it's a fairly small group at the top) but it almost feels like they don't want to be successful as an organization. The pay is pretty weak for executives, they have no idea how to incentivize people and they generally treat it as a glamour industry that people should feel lucky to have. It has all the dysfunction of a massive company or government organization without actually being that large or offering much security. They've pretty much ignored all of the advances in organizational theory, culture, compensation, etc. made by real businesses over the past few decades. Eventually my friend just walked away because of how frustrating the experience was. They've tried to recruit her back a few times for "big" roles but always offer far below market compensation. She would make more as an SA at a luxury goods brand.

DandySF

Reaction score
Is it too much to ask for pattern matching on the two pockets? The front is a mess due to the pattern misalignment. If Tori Richard can do it for 1/2 the price I'd think RRL could do it at this $220 price point.

s7-1430271_lifestyle.jpg

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is it too much to ask for pattern matching on the two pockets? The front is a mess due to the pattern misalignment. If Tori Richard can do it for 1/2 the price I'd think RRL could do it at this $220 price point.

View attachment 1808644
On the actual production shirt, although they didn't match the pattern, the left and right pockets are the same so there's at least symmetry.

And it seem they can pattern match pockets if they want.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am reasonably sure that any lack of pattern matching on pockets is a design choice.

That trade blanket seersucker camp shirt looks fantastic.
a purchasing choice as well . fwiw i've never really considered other camp prints but def prefer aloha shirts to not match the pocket

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migyver