• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Sounds like I should give a try, are they TTS or downsize 2 like low straight (30 take 28)

all high slims I’ve owned (2) have been vanity sized and needed the waist taken in. I think size down 1…I can’t remember how much I had taken in. 2 sizes might be overkill as they come pretty slim and tapered :)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way check out this eBay seller px is high but maybe he will take lower

aiafridi12

tonicab

Reaction score
I am W33 in RRL slim narrow.
W33 in slim fit or W32?
Regards.

Leiker

Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking to pick up my first RRL item (waffle -knit short sleeve henley) and wondering if/when there are discounts to be had from the RL website? Or if anyone recommends order the item from another retailer...

Thanks!
I've found RRL waffle knits on ebay.

shryver

Reaction score
Leather yoke puffy vest, repaired flannel, slim fit Otisfield wash

349D6B2A-F4DD-463E-AEEC-785CF8CA3B7A.jpeg

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Feedback on a few items I grabbed from the current sale.

Grabbed the Coral Slim Fit Printed Western and the Sunset Orange Slim Fit Plaid Western and both are going back. Both are incredibly slim so, if interested in either, consider sizing up. I can usually take a slim fit in my regular size but these were borderline too tight for me. Both are described as lightweight poplin and they are indeed summer-weight lightweight. The Sunset Orange is the most lightweight -- the fabric is comparable to the Plaid Twill Camp Shirt.

On the Coral Printed, I actually didn't mind the printing (although the missus wasn't a fan) -- it was the embroidery stitching that was too much for me. The color is pretty great so this would be a good pickup for gents who (a) live in a warm climate, and (b) like some flash. The Sunset Orange has a red accent in the plaid that I think takes away from the orange. I'll note that the missus wants me to keep this one.

Also grabbed the Dusty Teal Slim Fit Embroidered Denim Western for $70 more than the Coral Printed Western and the difference in quality is almost an order of magnitude. Thicker Japanese garment-dyed twill, slimmer-but-not-too-slim cut, great indigo repairs, and the embroidery isn't nearly as flamboyant as the Coral Western. A keeper for sure.

The Engine Patchwork-Print Indigo Twill Workshirt is fantastic. Really great print, fabric and indigo coloring. Struggling with the $424 price tag so it may go back. A tough one because I really love it.

Have to echo @shryver's thoughts on the Teal Garment-Dyed Twill Field Pants. Love the fabric and color but not sure the high rise and full-cut does me any favors. Still playing around with them.

I've got the High Slim Fit Hand-Repaired Jeans on the way.

If anyone wants pics of anything before they go back, let me know.

I also picked up the High Slim Fit Hand Repaired Jeans.
The pants are made in Mexico (which you can pretty much figure out before ordering because of the price, the zipper and the cardboard thin RRL waistband label). The Mexican manufactured jeans usually have a wonky fit (baggy in the knees and crotch), but these fit me pretty much like the regular/normal RRL jeans. Even though I have over a dozen RRL jeans, I like the wash, stressing and repairs on these (for the price). I think they might just sell out in my size before the second markdown in March. I’d also like to hear your opinion when they arrive.

Last edited:

heebalabala

Reaction score
I also picked up the High Slim Fit Hand Repaired Jeans.
The pants are made in Mexico (which you can pretty much figure out before ordering because of the price, the zipper and the cardboard thin RRL waistband label). The Mexican manufactured jeans usually have a wonky fit (baggy in the knees and crotch), but these fit me pretty much like the regular/normal RRL jeans. Even though I have over a dozen RRL jeans, I like the wash, stressing and repairs on these (for the price). I think they might just sell out in my size before the second markdown in March. I’d also like to hear your opinion when they arrive.
The other clue is they're not selvedge.

But I think they're pretty great. Agreed that the fit is in-line with a regulation slim fit -- very happy with the way they fit. The fabric is also surprisingly soft while still being substantial. For a minute I thought they were stretch and had to check the label to confirm 100% cotton.

The repairs are fantastic. I think my only concern is the heavy repairs on the seat causing some odd creasing when you walk since the repair layers are thick compared to non-repaired areas on the seat. Doesn't bother me enough to not keep them. Hopefully as they wear the repairs will soften/break-in and it won't be as much of an issue.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Stuff I got from sale complete with bad bathroom mirror pics.

Corduroy jacket. I ordered this in both L and XL. I received the L last week. It fit like one would want a regular sport coat to fit.
I didn't really like it and sent it back. But a few days ago the XL arrived. I thought it would be too big but I dig the slouchy fit.
I have to get the arms shortened a bit. I like the hand warmer pockets. My wife, the enabler, convinced me to keep it.
corduroyjacket.jpg

Limited edition suede. Pretty lightweight. Smells a bit funky.but is already dissipating. Fit is similar other rrl type 1 denim jackets.. I like this but I'm not blown away by it and given the price I might return it. Need to think about it.
lesuede.jpg

I also got the coated denim puffy vest. That has become an instant favorite. Fabric is cool if a bit funky feeling.

Mollysdad

Reaction score

Corduroy jacket. I ordered this in both L and XL. I received the L last week. It fit like one would want a regular sport coat to fit.
I didn't really like it and sent it back. But a few days ago the XL arrived. I thought it would be too big but I dig the slouchy fit.
I have to get the arms shortened a bit. I like the hand warmer pockets. My wife, the enabler, convinced me to keep it.
View attachment 1740116

Limited edition suede. Pretty lightweight. Smells a bit funky.but is already dissipating. Fit is similar other rrl type 1 denim jackets.. I like this but I'm not blown away by it and given the price I might return it. Need to think about it.
View attachment 1740117

I also got the coated denim puffy vest. That has become an instant favorite. Fabric is cool if a bit funky feeling.

the suede just doesn’t come together - you’re right on that one.

jmiller123

Reaction score

View attachment 1740116

View attachment 1740117

Something about the patterning where the pocket is on the midsection is throwing me off on that suede jacket. But the corduroy jacket is awesome, definitely a keeper.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads