• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
I have been a longtime collector of RRL. I’m irrationally way more excited about made in Italy over made in China, without any real regard for manufacturing capability. Given the faux pedigree of American Craft work wear, and the fact Ralph Lauren is sort of the preeminent American fashion house that even clothes Olympic Athletes, it is weird so much of their clothing is made in China. I do prefer the made in America of Japanese selvedge when it comes to denim. Inertia and styling will probably keep me buying, even if the value generally is really in the sales and other deals these days.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
personally I always stick to the brand rather than manufacturing country, though RRL px these day is definitely up there..., so that deters more rather than any country of origin kind of thing

tonhaolim

Reaction score
I've been a fan of workwear since 2006 but did not get into RRL for a long time because of the Made in China tag, and the fact that a lot of their pieces came from Western styles (which I wasn't into at that time). Back then the denimheads were into more minor brands like Jean Shop and Kicking Mule. For me it all changed when I actually walked into a RRL store last year and held the clothes in my hand. The quality is there. Sure, I would love it even more if the shirts were woven here like Freenote, but the prices would likely go up. Besides, even if RRL made their clothes in America, it's not like cowboys from New Mexico would be weaving them in wooden shacks.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just ***** about px in general…, though officer chino seems to be one item that has been consistently in px for a long time, like $220 - $240 for at least 6 years?

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Searched my old emails. Selvedge officer chinos were $220 in 2011.

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
This is the watch to wear with RRL (although mixing arabic and roman numbers makes my eye twitch).

Are these still available? I remember them being stupid expensive and very limited although wouldn't be surprised if they sat in stores

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Are these still available? I remember them being stupid expensive and very limited although wouldn't be surprised if they sat in stores
No idea. They are ridiculously expensive. That one is $44K and says only available in store. I will say the other lines of RL watches aren't badly priced relative to the competition. They're also not the usual crappy quartz designer watches you see. The POLO line is pretty horrific though.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members