• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can think of same logic apply for older cars too, not sure if the generation after would give a crap about it (so maybe that means by the time I retire I can get to buy whatever I want for cheap, assuming you can still get gas and drive ICE car that is)

glimmertwins

Reaction score
I traded a vintage Gretsch 6119 guitar in 1996 for my Sub which was 2 years old. They were both worth about $1,300 at the time. The guitar is worth about $4,500 today. What's crazy is how much Subs, GMT's etc. have all gone up since January 2020. That's really nuts.
I’m fairness vintage Gretsch prices are a little depressed compared to their peers because 95% of vintage ones need extensive work at this point - some even to become playable. They weren’t built with the same longevity in mind - some by poor construction(some fretboards weren’t cut accurately enough to intonate), others by poor materials choice(hello binding rot). I had a nice pro musician owned/maintained vintage 6120 for a while that was a nice guitar as vintage gretsch guitars go but honestly my reissue 6120 was a better sounding, looking, and playing guitar without the need for replaced binding, neck resets, new electronics, or worse.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a Rolex HAS held or increased in value, but the fact that they will continue to do so is uncertain I'd think, since it would depend on demand. My impression is that most millenials and zoomers really don't give a shit about timepieces and prefer smart watches more than anything.
Not true. A of of people in the digital space are getting into mechanical watches.

Last edited:

tweedlover

Reaction score
I dont get watches

I have an apple watch to track workouts but thats about it

Is it a status thing? I'm married but if I wasn'y dropping $10k-$20k to up my datability with hotties would be a worthy investment.
Have only 2 wristwatches myself- no high-end. For me it's more about the watch's bracelet than the watch. Both of mine were bought because I liked its bracelet, (1 steel and 1 a beautiful southwestern inlay). Love southwestern stone work and my Christmas present request to my wife is a another southwestern piece with large mounted turquoise pieces I've had my eye on. So, it's watches as jewelry.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not true. A of of people in the digital space are getting into mechanical watches.
I see HODINKEE but then watch my born in early 80s colleague it kind would be even if they got a watch it just sit at home and they wear Apple Watch to work. Guess will see how it evolve as 2000s enter into work force…

tweedlover

Reaction score
Everyone has their own levels of "wrong" when it comes to spending. I have no problem wearing a Rolex, but I can't imagine spending more than $50 or $60 on a pair of jeans.
That's about $25 more than I'd pay for a pair of jeans. ;) As to RRL, to be honest, while I like a number of their pieces and enjoy viewing what I see here, I have neither the wherewithal nor the desire to pay what most of those pieces go for. That's true, of course, for other RL lines of which I am a fan.

heebalabala

Reaction score
Noticed W&B has an interesting new wide wale corduroy chore jacket in a gorgeous "roasted caramel" color. Looks to be a repeat from last season but different colorway.

Following up on this W&B corduroy chore jacket I posted about, I did end up picking it up and can recommend it. Great fit for me (this is a M) and love the color. If you can snag it for 40%-off during a JCrew holiday sale, it's a great value at $113.

Some sizes are OOS in the roasted caramel but they've since added a "deep marine" color that looks pretty good and has most sizes available if you're looking for a less expensive alternative to a navy RRL corduroy jacket.

Last edited:

tweedlover

Reaction score
Following up on this W&B corduroy chore jacket I posted about, I did end up picking it up and can recommend it. Great fit for me (this is a M) and love the color. If you can snag it for 40%-off during a JCrew holiday sale, it's a great value at $113.

Some sizes are OOS in the roasted caramel but they've since added a "deep marine" color that looks pretty good and has most sizes available if you're looking for a less expensive alternative to a navy RRL corduroy jacket.

View attachment 1713364

(Officer's chinos from @jhcam8)
Nice looker.

ToeBugShuffle

Reaction score

View attachment 1713364

Jacket looks great, as do the boots! Where are they from?

Tyjordan86

Reaction score

View attachment 1713364

Nice fit ! * added bonus for the fluffy cat

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Noticed W&B has an interesting new wide wale corduroy chore jacket in a gorgeous "roasted caramel" color. Looks to be a repeat from last season but different colorway.

I got a variation of this mid-2020 that I never wore until recently. Wish I had broken it out sooner. Highly recommended.

20211117_065608.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the FSC one this year. Definitely a fan of the cord chore

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

View attachment 1713364

I picked one of those up too. Very nice piece for the price. Should attract a lot of fluffy cat hair.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 7 12.7%