• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolute keeper. So so so soft

20211025_122730.jpg
20211025_122958.jpg

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Kai D aesthetic is very appealing. Subscribed to their mailing list when you first shared about them and have consistently enjoyed their lookbooks since. Lots of inspiration for textures, color pairings and silhouettes. Have yet to pull the trigger on anything because (a) the web shop is not great; (b) limited availability or small production runs (my sizes are typically out of stock); (c) no consistent measurements posted; and (d) a very customer-unfriendly return policy. All adds up to the best shopping experience probably being in-store.

I got in touch with Kai ([email protected]) early in the year to ask about sizing on a couple of De Bonne Facture pieces and he was really helpful and gave me good sizing info + recommendations. Bought a couple of items, despite being a bit taken aback by the $30 flat fee for the Wynd shipping/fulfilment service he uses, but good experience overall. And as others have said, definitely quirky, he has his own way of doing things.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got in touch with Kai ([email protected]) early in the year to ask about sizing on a couple of De Bonne Facture pieces and he was really helpful and gave me good sizing info + recommendations. Bought a couple of items, despite being a bit taken aback by the $30 flat fee for the Wynd shipping/fulfilment service he uses, but good experience overall. And as others have said, definitely quirky, he has his own way of doing things.
I've got some DBF from him as well. Impeccable service

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never truly got the appeal of DBF, maybe needs to see it in person, but it always felt like "maybe" a very well down step up basic?

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never truly got the appeal of DBF, maybe needs to see it in person, but it always felt like "maybe" a very well down step up basic?
There’s nothing really like it on the market. The more straight ahead cousin to Kinori. That’s how I see it anyway.

jmiller123

Reaction score
I've had and sold a few items from DBF over the past few years. My styling has changed hence the sale but they are some of the best made pieces I've handled. Just excellent quality, non-offensive basics. I do think the prices have crept up a bit recently, which is disappointing. I still have a taupe sweater that's been in my closet the past three years which has heavy wear-time, yet looks the same as the day I got it.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had and sold a few items from DBF over the past few years. My styling has changed hence the sale but they are some of the best made pieces I've handled. Just excellent quality, non-offensive basics. I do think the prices have crept up a bit recently, which is disappointing. I still have a taupe sweater that's been in my closet the past three years which has heavy wear-time, yet looks the same as the day I got it.
It is luxury without the logos.

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, we're drifting off the thread topic here. There's definitely a strong 'impeccably executed basics' element in the DBF collections, but I think there are also pieces than no-one else would do. I have a couple of beautiful linen shirt jackets for example, or the linen wool blend easy pants below that seem to embody their unique style. Kind of a Camoshita vibe but from a refined European viewpoint.

1635259077815.png

1635259109998.png

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hum, thanks guys, speaking of which linen shirt jacket is something I don't have actually, might be worth trying it out seeing all the positive response on DBF from you guys

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads