• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

henryfool3

Reaction score
Recently discovered this brand called Indi+Ash that I think could slot in nicely with the RRL aesthetic. It all seems unisex and small batch but the prices seem very reasonable

A few favorites:
View attachment 1688333
Study Blazer

View attachment 1688335
Andes Cardigan

View attachment 1688337
Ames Overshirt
Really digging some of the stuff on the site. A bit hard to pull the trigger for the price without knowing anything about the fit ....but I'm definitely tempted.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember their stuff from last F/W (they had a very similar big cardigan to the one they’re selling now, but in indigo), but they’ve added the ‘Ashe’ part to the name, it used to just be ‘Indi Kids.’

Looks like they’ve added measurements to at least some of the items. Everything seems to be rather loose fit, and I remember the cardigan came in just two sizes S-M & L-XL. (Edit- looks like they’ve upped it to 3 sizes this year).
Derek included them in a write up - https://dieworkwear.com/2020/10/05/5-new-brands-im-watching/

heebalabala

Reaction score
Thanks, that’s an excellent find and I agree. Just about a year ago I mentioned here on the forum an awesome clothing boutique in Williamsburg Brooklyn called Kai D Utility that I also think fits in well with RRL. Kai D Utility carries the Indi Brand (as well as a highly curated selections of other independent men’s lines).

For example, here’s a pair of Isacc pant by Indi that Kai currently offers ….. at the exact same price.

BTW ….. on more than one occasion Kai has asked me; ”Hey, that’s a real nice shirt (or jacket) you have on, where’d you get that?” ….. *** cough cough *** ….. “Why it’s an Double RL”
The Kai D aesthetic is very appealing. Subscribed to their mailing list when you first shared about them and have consistently enjoyed their lookbooks since. Lots of inspiration for textures, color pairings and silhouettes. Have yet to pull the trigger on anything because (a) the web shop is not great; (b) limited availability or small production runs (my sizes are typically out of stock); (c) no consistent measurements posted; and (d) a very customer-unfriendly return policy. All adds up to the best shopping experience probably being in-store.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Kai D aesthetic is very appealing. Subscribed to their mailing list when you first shared about them and have consistently enjoyed their lookbooks since. Lots of inspiration for textures, color pairings and silhouettes. Have yet to pull the trigger on anything because (a) the web shop is not great; (b) limited availability or small production runs (my sizes are typically out of stock); (c) no consistent measurements posted; and (d) a very customer-unfriendly return policy. All adds up to the best shopping experience probably being in-store.
I had some Kai D pieces back in the 2000s including an awesome short wool coat, always thought the brand would resonate on SF, but it seems to have remained under the radar.

It's a little idiosyncratic, though. Neither repro nor fashiony, if that makes sense. Very well made. I'm guessing he has a lot of loyal local fans.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed 100% on all points. I've been looking at their offerings for a year or two now but have yet to actually purchase anything because of all those same points.

A couple times I've found things I really like through Kai D but then have to hunt down measurements from the manufacturer or other retailers. If I decide to actually purchase, at that point I'm probably not coming back to Kai D.

juniorsample

Reaction score
Got a message from SA. Designer sale soon. I asked for details.

Edit: heard back. It's the spend $1000+ get $500 back sale.
I heard differently from my SA on West Broadway. There are no plans right now to do that sale, and they're trying to get away from it. Too bad.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My SA contacted me last night saying she’s still waiting for details about the sale.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.