• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

bwfilms

Reaction score
This is a medium heavy shirt from winter 20/21 (and the olive moleskine officer pants from the same collection).
To me, the shirt is not as long as it should be, but i suppose it could be worst...Especially when i see more and more very short shirts from RRL. Don't know why they go with this cut now...

View attachment 1629277
I have to agree with the guys. Closer near the crotch would be too long, and shorter near the belly button would be too short. This looks very good to me.

Also want to chime in on @Randelpink's preference of not wearing long shirts with short jackets. Like him, I'd either get a longer jacket or tuck in the long shirt. It's just a personal preference as having a long shirt hanging out under a short jacket looks unkempt on me.

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, that's my favorite fit of RRL shirts. That length is perfect if wearing untucked.

Tyjordan86

Reaction score
This is a medium heavy shirt from winter 20/21 (and the olive moleskine officer pants from the same collection).
To me, the shirt is not as long as it should be, but i suppose it could be worst...Especially when i see more and more very short shirts from RRL. Don't know why they go with this cut now...

View attachment 1629277
All a matter of preference. I prefer a bit more length as well. The shirt looks like it just hits the mark.. could pose a problem when being active however. For practical reasons, It may hinder your movement somewhat, or lift the shirt too high up the torso or arms. I also prefer the slightly oversized look. Not all flannels are cut this way.. the ottoman plaid shirt is more true to size if not on the bigger side.. pants look superb!

Last edited:

fwedo

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies. After reading them, and after watching @heebalabala awesome pic with an even shorter shirt (visually, the whole look is perfectly balanced and shorter length looks totally ok), i start to think you all guy are right about length.

@Randelpink : hard to explain why i find it too short. It's probably because I am used to wear longer length. I am always afraid to wear casual/workwear too tight. To me, it's something a bit odd. But this shirt is not tight at all and M should be too roomy. As i said, I keep it :cool:

Thanks again for the feedback.

Last edited:

vintage38

Reaction score

Randelpink

Reaction score
Swooped in for the sale and got the indigo striped suit and indigo polka dot shirt, surprised the tailored shop items don’t show up on the sale flyer though. So an FYI to everyone too, not all sale items make it on the flyer.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Also, not all the items on the flyer are marked down on the site. Specifically the logo ball cap. So I got the mug because why the hell not.

Randelpink

Reaction score
It’s more navy then black in the dark areas. I saw it in store and think it looks better online, may still snag it if it’s around for the 60% off.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.