• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stickshift

Reaction score
thank you for these - what an enjoyable visit.

2014 / 2015 were the golden age of RRL, it seems. Since then, we have definitely seen the decline of a once galant brand.

And this cardigan... ???

It’s easy to bring it back - more deadstock indigo fabrics (honestly why don’t we see more of that - easier and cheaper to make), polka/calico designs, tops with logos (like that black cat logo was a winner!).

cadmonkey

Reaction score
s7-1407363_lifestyle

s7-1407363_alternate1

wow maybe my favorite of the jacquards this season

hedfunk

Reaction score
Can anyone identify this piece? I can only find one former listing online which gives almost no further information, nothing on the Crazy RRLDB that I can see either.

RRLVel.jpeg

aquila49

Reaction score
So now I am just missing Winter 2016 and 2018. If anyone has that :) :) Thanks !

I’m missing those as well. Seems like someone said there were no Winter catalogs in those years. Anyone able to verify that?

Lotuspath

Reaction score
I’m missing those as well. Seems like someone said there were no Winter catalogs in those years. Anyone able to verify that?

Ralph started numbering the catalogs in the Spring 2016 w/ #1. Then the Fall 2016 is #2 and the Spring 2017 is #3 ..... so there was no Winter 2016 catalog (and no Summer 2016 either).
Then the Fall 2018 was #9 with a smaller inner leaf Fall catalogue which is #10. Then the Spring 2019 catalog is #11 ..... so once again, no Winter 2018 catalog. The last hard copy catalog that came out for the Winter 2020 is #18.

BTW ...... the earlier catalogs, I believe, were not intended for public consumption and that is likely why the numbering only begins in Spring 2016.

One of the NYC RRL SA (really nice guy frequently on Instagram) told me last year that he has every catalog dating back to 1999.

I said; “What?” He said; “Yeah.” I said; “No way.” He said; “Yeah way.” Next time I see him I will continue the conversation.

”Care to prove it?”

Last edited:

Freecard

Reaction score
Ralph started numbering the catalogs in the Spring 2016 w/ #1. Then the Fall 2016 is #2 and the Spring 2017 is #3 ..... so there was no Winter 2016 catalog (and no Summer 2016 either).
Then the Fall 2018 was #9 with a smaller inner leaf Fall catalogue which is #10. Then the Spring 2019 catalog is #11 ..... so once again, no Winter 2018 catalog. The last hard copy catalog that came out for the Winter 2020 is #18.

BTW ...... the earlier catalogs, I believe, were not intended for public consumption and that is likely why the numbering only begins in Spring 2016.

One of the NYC RRL SA (really nice guy frequently on Instagram) told me last year that he has every catalog dating back to 1999.

I said; “What?” He said; “Yeah.” I said; “No way.” He said; “Yeah way.” Next time I see him I will continue the conversation.

”Care to prove it?”

Thanks for the explanation.

This means this shirt (that I am currently selling) is in no catalog ? or I just do not have my eyes well open ?

Attachments

• IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 76

thehaag

Reaction score
Speaking of Lookbooks, does anyone have the new Spring '21 copy in hand to share?
Thanks for the explanation.

This means this shirt (that I am currently selling) is in no catalog ? or I just do not have my eyes well open ?
Correct. But was Winter 2018.

Original listing on RL.com:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads