• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oceansaway

Reaction score
They have XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL. How is that appreciably different than 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46?
It's a good question. I do know that Polo sportcoats in numerical sizes fit very well. But maybe this is just another case of weird RRL sizing.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They have XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL. How is that appreciably different than 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46?

I think European tends to do S=36, while US S tends to be closer to 38, to me it adds more confusion for any tailoring ish stuff, as to the actual fit, no idea, maybe the XS here is like 35 and S is like 37 (this specific piece fit wise...)

fwedo

Reaction score
I think European tends to do S=36, while US S tends to be closer to 38, to me it adds more confusion for any tailoring ish stuff, as to the actual fit, no idea, maybe the XS here is like 35 and S is like 37 (this specific piece fit wise...)

I am a 38 and I fit S in the cords jacket. I agree, I prefer numbers to letters. RRL uses numbers for tailored jacket

DavidLane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is definitely a key holder. I have made one in the past for a customer. Just buy some narrower bolts and use it for your keys, should be easy enough to find some replacement bolts. You can also look up Chicago Screws.

https://www.buckleguy.com/cs7700-chicago-screws-1-2-post-antique-brass-solid-brass-ll-50-per-bag/

-DL

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Received a couple things.

Plaid jacquard vest is cool. Note that it's cut pretty slim. Definitely go up to next size if you're between. It's not real heavy weight. Also, the pics over emphasize the brown tones. They're there, but it's really more charcoal as indicated.
s7-1375130_lifestyle

Navy wax cotton jacket. I'm a bit on the fence with this one but leaning towards keeping it.
Fit is very generous. Fairly light weight fabric. It's a really dark navy color. Like almost black. Also the interior is equally dark navy not the lighter blue as shown in the pics.
s7-1374820_lifestyle

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Is this wash new for Spring? Does anyone have the early Spring Lookbook yet?

The Conrad wash jeans are not new for Spring 21 and have now been available since at least 2019 (as far as I am aware). The jeans are in fact "Core" (i.e. like most denim shirts, chinos, some trucker hats, etc) which in RRL lingo generally means
..... it is always available and will not go on sale. The more I see some member's comments on the forum the more it occurs to me how different in-store shopping must be from most online shopper's experience. In the store you can simply look at the garment's price tags and see how the items are being categorized. For example, the tags on most all the garments are marked Spring 1, Spring 2, Fall 1, Fall 2, Summer, Winter and in this case, Core. The garments you buy online (I imagine) also have the same info too, but in the store you can browse around and just see what seasonal category each individual garment falls into based on the tags. Sale items are also usually separated out into one section of the store, but that has not been the case lately (in my experience) and now they are often just mingled in with non-sale items. In that case, you kind of have to have some knowledge of the product line to spot the on-sale items.

If I had one suggestion for the RRL website, it might be to add the same categories (Fall 1, Fall 2, Core, etc) to the online "Details" description so online shoppers can also make the same distinctions when shopping. It makes a bit of a difference since the occasional online shoppers would then be able to tell what might be later offered on sale and approximately when and what is Core (and will not go on sale) ..... but then again, maybe that's also why they don't list the season on the online website Details too.

In terms of the Spring lookbook, right now there is only the cover page of the RRL website. I also haven’t seen a PDF of the lookbook yet either. I find it a bit strange that the hard copy of each RRL seasonal lookbook usually only comes out well after the actual clothing has already hit the stores and website. I guess it could be because RL always dribbles out the seasonal items and Ralph would not be able to offer the full Spring lookbook before all the items become available. Anyway, this previous Winter/Hoilday lookbook hard copy only came out after the actual Winter hoildays were already well over which seems a tad bit self defeating to me.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I remember if you knew the collection name you could search for that on the site and get the items. Also I have vague memories of viewing page source of the items and being able to see product meta-data like core, fall 1, etc but that seems to be gone too. Also being able to search via product name is gone. On the plus side, past season items seem to remain on the site even after they're sold out and you can pull them up if you know the magic search terms to find them.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

In theory, this is completely correct. In practice, RRL seems to believe the numbers should relate to an actual measurement, while letters are an approximation. M in my experience runs from 40-44.

Ill-fitting, time-worn clothing somehow conveys the dignity of hard work or something like that.

Reaction score
In theory, this is completely correct. In practice, RRL seems to believe the numbers should relate to an actual measurement, while letters are an approximation. M in my experience runs from 40-44.

Ill-fitting, time-worn clothing somehow conveys the dignity of hard work or something like that.

Interesting. I have definitely seen wide variance on shirts and the cuts of jeans between different suppliers but not on jackets. RRL L jackets have been reliably a generous 44-46 where the suits are cut quite a bit tighter. I think where Zippy went wrong is that the difference between XS and XXL is far greater than 36 and 46.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yup the tailoring stuff (numbered stuff) is consistent, some outwear not so sure

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics