Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

You never bought a shirt from me... you bought a sweater... and gave me the best feedback..
    I think you are looking to fit in with these others that get off on attacking and trying to insult others.. sure you must have better things to do... like polish your Rolex?
    Act like a gentleman... there is enough BS in here... for new poster to get through.....
    end of subject... please....
    Thanks much,
    RR_

My only problem is ebay sellers who sell shirts without disclosing the holes in them.

Anyone who does that has bigger problems than mine.

2. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Dave_SFU looking foward to it's arrival... will look great framed.
    BTW really enjoy reading your posts.
    RR_

If you run across another let me know

3. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

4. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

I miss the Mulberry Street Store.... [​IMG]
    Much of the demographic here was in grade school in 2001. Don't sweat it. Where's all the love guys? If you have a problem with someone, talk to a mod. Members advertise their sales here all the time, either directly or in their signatures. If RR has wronged any one of you, take it to PM. Grow up and show some respect.

5. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

while i understand your POV, i would venture to guess that the majority of the people on this thread dont share the same opinion. for me, i like RRL because it's unique, there's a great attention to detail, the fit, and bc not many ppl know about it. but the lifestyle you're talking about??? i cannot relate. "When you can wake up in the morning, after a peaceful night with the blanket your grandmother patched... when you throw your bluejeans on the floor and not worry about their condition..." i couldnt help but laugh at that. it really contradicts with what i believe most ppl would agree with: RRL is expensive as shit. if i'm spending $200+ on their blue jeans, theres no way in hell i'm throwing it on the floor and not worrying!
    The RRL lifestyle... is really how YOU make it... In a way it's a lifestyle that thanks the older generations that helped form our countries, with their hard work, handmade clothing, cooking over the potstove, as our grandmothers made sure there was food on the table. no matter how little... to the school teacher that helped teach the young about the respect one should have for one another.... When you can wake up in the morning, after a peaceful night with the blanket your grandmother patched... when you throw your bluejeans on the floor and not worry about their condition.... when you can spend time with your best friend... your dog... old friends... family... your cat... in the comfort that you have grown to enjoy that our forefathers and parents gave us in return.. a cleaner carefree life while caring and feelings for those that need a handshake... a hello... a friend. You make it what you want... but should always remember what our grandparents did for us and the countries we call home. Anywhere in the World. Simple.... in an old shirt, and a pair of (RRL) jeans. It's what you learned from the past... and bring to the future. RR_

6. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Neither here nor there, but all my jeans in rotation right now are $250-$350 and i throw them all over the floor and dont give no fucks.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Neither here nor there, but all my jeans in rotation right now are $250-$350 and i throw them all over the floor and dont give no fucks.
    RRL retail? or out of pocket?

8. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

9. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

^^ I guess an actual construction worker or miner can get a 20 USD jeans and in 6 months it will look better than 300 USD jeans folks on SF are wearing

10. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

11. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

All I can see when RR_ posts is ...

His pictures are nice though.

12. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Thank you, great post. Hope we all can move on from this kind of battles in a style forum..
    I would rather keep doing the work I do to produce my images and listings. In the past few months I had been checking here, less and less.. because I didn't want to start up any new battles... we all know many times when you try to do something... no matter what.. there will be those that just go on the attack.

Today is a new day... and I still feel creative.

Folks... I am 40-something, have always been in the fashion field, and have always worked for myself.... I have been through the owning/operating an actual small chain of my own mens boutiques... and when the internet came along, I retired my small chain.... and started my online RRL operation. And because I love RRL Vintage, that is what I deal with.. and in fact that is all you will find in my two homes... all Vintage RRL... in my own RRL world. Trying to live a comfortable lifestyle in my comfortable fashion/homes.

Peace....
    RR_

I respect your position and I like the stuff in your ebay store.

However, I would be very surprised if the American blue collar worker makes enough to pay for RRL retail prices on a regular basis. I dont think a car mechanic or a painter or a miner is wearing RRL. So IMO they are selling the fantasy and that is being bought by people who are not getting down and dirty on a regular basis.

13. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

Looking for the same style shirt my great great grandpappy wore

He was a coalminer in the civil war circa 1862

Harkens me back to a simpler times, I suppose

Mister plantation man wouldn't let him keep a watch so I wears a Rolex to honor him, yessur

14. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

RRL retail? or out of pocket?

Out of pocket. But i dont have any RRL jeans in rotation right now. I pulled my Slim Rigids out of rotation because those got too loose

15. iotan

iotan Senior member

[​IMG]

Any chance someone has this in a medium or small and wants to sell it? If so, PM me.