• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always feel RL do more discount in store just to try to get people in the door

dukarelli

Reaction score
I saw the olive waxed cotton liner jacket on a mannequin last Thusday at the RRL West Broadway store and had mistaken it for one of their many actual vintage garments. It’s pretty awesome. If I remember correctly, the color is a bit less intense than the online photo. The material is also softer than you might suspect based on the photo. I’m surprised there are still jackets available in every size on the RRL website and am hoping it will make it to the next markdown. I already have the olive green jungle cloth deck jacket from a couple of seasons back so I was not planning on falling in love with it but now I am totally smitten. The deck jacket looks somewhat similar (deck jacket has snaps) to the liner jacket (has a zipper) but the liner jacket is a bit fuller. I believe you will be very happy with your purchase.

View attachment 1560584

View attachment 1560590

thanks so much for your input on the matter! i had purchased the jungle cloth deck jacket several seasons ago also but returned it because it didn’t suit me well although fabric and details were top notch. just received the liner jacket and color is more subdued IRL and the fabric is quite soft however it seems to fit short compared to my other rrl jackets. the blue steel diamond quilted liner was a winner for me this season and i have the reversible diamond quilted jacket from a few seasons ago with the “double rl western wear” chainstitching on the back both in a size large that fit very well with perfect length. i have to sit on whether or not to keep the waxed liner or maybe order a size up to compare. really dope jacket just maybe a few inches too short

noretailplease

Reaction score
A word to the wise - SA’s will not price match items purchased with RL gift cards, due to a practice called “receipt washing” - whatever that means, because of past unscrupulous SA activities.

For me, that makes online purchasing somewhat more worthy...

jmiller123

Reaction score
thanks so much for your input on the matter! i had purchased the jungle cloth deck jacket several seasons ago also but returned it because it didn’t suit me well although fabric and details were top notch. just received the liner jacket and color is more subdued IRL and the fabric is quite soft however it seems to fit short compared to my other rrl jackets. the blue steel diamond quilted liner was a winner for me this season and i have the reversible diamond quilted jacket from a few seasons ago with the “double rl western wear” chainstitching on the back both in a size large that fit very well with perfect length. i have to sit on whether or not to keep the waxed liner or maybe order a size up to compare. really dope jacket just maybe a few inches too short
Any chance you could take a picture? I'm looking at this jacket as well and am on the fence.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.