The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

2. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

everything shop_at_myRRL_shop has ever posted leads straight back to his piddling ebay store.

Of course you don't want us to dare question the high price of an RRL item, if suddenly the market dropped out, that would be your whole business model and your kids tuition right there. Of course the new cheaper made in china shit worries him, it means the whole "RRL Meaning of Life ie I don't care if I lose money on every piece, it's my lifestyle dammit" was a sham and a ploy by Liffshits. If I were a reseller I would inflate the shit out of it too, before RRL starts showing up in Kohls.

You say you want to contribute as a true collector, you are not a true collector, you are a fanboy and a reseller.

I bet there are Alden reps here in secret, you don't see them quasi-spamming every fucking opportunity.

Can you contribute for once without promoting your store interests? I challenge you

If you are going to be spammy, just be fucking curteous about it, see examples by salsalocust, discostu, distinctive, etc. learn something for once

3. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

yeah OK pebblebrain... whatever you say.. BTW is that a pic of you in your profile? Lonely looking?
    best comment of the day. Keep it going you guys. This is like watching two monkeys fighting. Its hilarious [​IMG]

5. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I think 90% of RRLshop's posts have been edited. It's better he realizes his embarrassment late than never though. [​IMG]

6. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

7. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Never bought anything from RRL, how is the sizing? Is it slim fit? Regular? True to size? I usually wear a small in everything.

8. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

theRRshop I don't mind so much. I actually find the guy pretty damn intriguing:

-the stuff he sells isn't his own stuff (the sizing has too much variation)

-the stuff he sells is only of a certain type of RRL (like he refuses to touch anything but a certain aesthetic)

-he has access to alot of items that are pretty rare by other sellers' inventories (lots of denim jackets and sweaters that are hard to come by - one of a kind by ebay's measure). And those hats: where does he get that shit? This sweater is gold:

[​IMG]

-it's obvious he isn't hitting up the factories, almost like he thinks it's dirty

-the cottagy backdrop he uses for his sale photo shots emulates some shots straight out of RLhome mag

-he always insists on creating a RRL 'mood' in his photos

-he can't string more than 5 words together about RRL which he repeats over and over and over

-etc., etc.

9. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

Never bought anything from RRL, how is the sizing? Is it slim fit? Regular? True to size? I usually wear a small in everything.

they make so much stuff that it's not fair to characterize it. i would say generally it's slim but they really think through every item. for example, just off the top i can think of 5 types of jeans: slim fit, slim straight, low straight, straight, and slim boot cut. in addition they often make special jeans on a seasonal basis: carpenters, wrangler repros, broken twill cotton/linen denims, bucklebacks etc.

10. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

Am I the only one who see this posting as advertisement?

OR

Is this a photo gallery or something?

To quote the RR Shop.......

11. westinghouse

I was able to find one of the original posters from a collector today.... can't wait to get it.

I'll take one for $495.00...sans holes please.

12. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member

13. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

I wouldnt mind having one of those posters myself

14. westinghouse

Wow you do have problems... heay?

My only problem is ebay sellers who sell shirts without disclosing the holes in them.

Anyone who does that has bigger problems than mine.

15. theRRshop

theRRshop Senior member