• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

madmadigan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theRRshop
I don't mark anything as 'vintage' if it is not vintage.... the vintage pieces are with the original/early RRL label... that was used from 93-98... I am not the one with the 'attitude' problem.. that would be people asking like you did "Is theRRshop the overpriced ebay seller?" Without knowing what issues one have to deal with when buying VINTAGE RRL from RRL collectors... no they do not give the pieces away.......

One would have thought this forum would have many interested in RRL... not just trying to sell in most everypost... "PRICE DROP" "BUY NOW" ... wow one would think this forum was full of spammers.... but I come to find this group turns ugly towards one another for reasons of jealousy or they want to sell their RL Outlet pieces... that are from the bottom of the barrel... odd sizes... Smalls .. etc. their are few here that post about the real RRL style and the lifestyle that comes with it.

Anyways, many times I take a loss on many of my items, because sometimes I feel bad about the high price of a Vintage RRL piece.... but lucky me, I am one that doesn't have to look at my bottom line.... so I just do what I enjoy doing, Buying, photographing and offering vintage RRL....
eBay is really the only safe place to do it...

I care for my clients, ... it's forums like this that put a bunch of young guys trying to out-do the other/wiser RRL dealers/collectors... with their attacks... and BS.

I don't make fun of anybody here.... they usually attack me for their own reasons...
maybe they are stuck in "JCrew Land... and not really ready for RRL land....

PS you don't find RRL vintage at Polo Outlets......

HAHA I guess if you keep telling yourself something is special, you really start to believe it. J Crew Land... RRL Land.... pleaseeeeeee, pretty much all made in China.

I don't have a problem with you doing whatever it is you do, buying/selling/collecting etc, but stop putting it up on a pedestal, there are 1000's of RRL items on ebay; really not that rare. Sure there are limited pieces and items nicer than others, and yes vintage items, but you really come off as a dick for attacking everybody.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PS you don't find RRL vintage at Polo Outlets......

You also won't find holes in clothing at Polo Outlets like the old shirt you once sold to me...

srgprod

Reaction score
This is getting like the scene in Woody Allen's Annie Hall where he's listening to a guy going on and on about Marshall McLuhan and Woody asks McLuhan himself who says "You obviously don't know anything about me!" Were's Ralph Lauren when we need him!!! These are clothes that we wear to keep us from walking around naked and maybe just maybe, they'll also boost our egos a bit.

I wear this **** because I like, don't care if its collectible, rare, hard to get, not hard to get, expensive, cheap, made in China, made in brazil, made in Afganistan, the US or whatever.

theRRshop

Reaction score
I miss the Mulberry Street Store....

2007R.jpg

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
their are few here that post about the real RRL style and the lifestyle that comes with it.

Anyways, many times I take a loss on many of my items, because sometimes I feel bad about the high price of a Vintage RRL piece.... but lucky me, I am one that doesn't have to look at my bottom line.... so I just do what I enjoy doing, Buying, photographing and offering vintage RRL....
eBay is really the only safe place to do it...

I know I'm going to regret inserting myself into this **** show, but now I need to know: what is the RRL lifestyle?

Is it watching black and whites on TCM with the sound off so that you can try to identify articles of clothing RRL may have reproduced? It is building model trains and masturbating to their operation? Is it pretending to be a miner while riding the train between Manhattan and Westchester? I need to to know: what is this lifestyle built around a clothesline that is designed to be little more than a simulacrum of vintage articles of clothing?

I mean, I'm a fan of RRL (not so much as lots of other lines that are more inspired, but still), what am I missing out on?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads