The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. ryin

ryin New Member

do they have RRL in La Jolla?

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Well, apologies to the ebay seller who is selling that denim shirt with the tear. From the rakuten site Prajna linked to:

I guess the tear is intentional. Such a dumb concept though.

WTF? Wow. That is crazy. I think it looks like shit. But you're right - that ebay seller is off the hook.

3. prajna12

prajna12 Senior member

there is actually a trick to getting past the largest import tariffs and that is having someone (experienced in doing this) ferry the stuff over instead of sending it by mail.

Sweet, we should all pool together for one of those crate containers full of RRL...

[​IMG]

4. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

hmmm...i know nothing about containers. what i meant was having them put it in their luggage and take a flight. i try not to get caught up in the details but somehow it works.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Sweet, we should all pool together for one of those crate containers full of RRL...

[​IMG]

great idea, S. You still have my mailing address, right?

6. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  7. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

do they have RRL in La Jolla?

Not anymore. Just basic jeans.

8. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

I should find some container hijacker. Anyone recommend?

haha off topic, but did any of you watch The Wire? i think it was season 2 when ppl were jacking product off the containers. it's all over now though... the majority of ports now have electronic receiving, so no more human error aka lost product.

9. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

I'm wondering what color of denim they'll do next. We've had khaki, dark brown, gray, black, white, green, bright red...who knows what comes next.

Shameless plug: Selling my Red Chambray in M. Coveted shirt, just doesn't fit me and I'm broke [​IMG]

10. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

KL, did you eventually sell that awesome cowichan? I was sorely tempted and the price was beyond reasonable by the end, but it was just a tiny bit too much sweater for me.

edit: I see that you did.

11. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

I did sell it. I don't think the price was 'beyond reasonable'; I was selling it at 70% off the retail price; and I even took a hit on the final buy.

It was a nice sweater, I just couldn't pull it off in my wardrobe. Someone from Japan wound up buying it.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

As is this heart palpitation inducing quilted patch work flannel. Made of all the patterns RRL is using for fall. There are only fifty in existence. Make that forty-nine.
    [​IMG] p.s. osadolor and poorman, do this shirt justice - take better fit pics. None of this iphone, standing in front of a bathroom mirror, toilet seat up business [​IMG]

13. poorman

poorman Senior member

^ Awww. Are y'all talking about that cardigan with the red? That colorful one? That sweater awesome for real.
    As is this heart palpitation inducing quilted patch work flannel. Made of all the patterns RRL is using for fall. There are only fifty in existence. Make that forty-nine.

I wonder how true that is? I think it is so weak that RRL didn't fill out that tag that is on the shirt. I would have loved to know what number my shirt was. & "toilet seat up business" O, you is still funny as hell noticing that shit. haha.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

15. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

I did sell it. I don't think the price was 'beyond reasonable'; I was selling it at 70% off the retail price; and I even took a hit on the final buy.

It was a nice sweater, I just couldn't pull it off in my wardrobe. Someone from Japan wound up buying it.

he was saying that the price was extremely reasonable, not beyond reason. i agree it was a good deal. selling stuff out of season always hurts.