• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

osadolor619

Reaction score
Am I the only one that finds it funny that a lot of the shirts resell for more than or as much as a lot of jeans and though their MSRP is less and are made in China for the most part?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by osadolor619
Am I the only one that finds it funny that a lot of the shirts resell for more than or as much as a lot of jeans and though their MSRP is less and are made in China for the most part?
Isolated examples aside, on average shirts are cheaper than jeans on ebay

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
^^ context is sold out. i emailed them the other day. kmdsimpson on here reached out because i mentioned i needed a 36, which turns out i really needed a 34, and he had the goods.
I really hope you like them. They'd been sitting in my closet because they are are too big for me and I didn't have the heart to sell them. But I decided it was better to let someone enjoy them than let them languish.
Originally Posted by NAMOR
did you get them already? kmdsimpson is da man
bigstar[1].gif

Thanks, man.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
did you get them already? kmdsimpson is da man
bigstar[1].gif

Not yet. I just paid for them. Early next week. I'm stoked for these. I needed to up my chino game. Been lacking for years. I hope they aren't TOO heavy so I can wear in even the most humid days.

Does the officer chino just come in variations of khaki/tan? Is navy floating around?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's true. I think two reasons: 1. there is often just a lot more supply of specific jeans than shirts. 2. I kind of think that beyond the small population of people who are really particular about their jeans, they just don't stand out that much. Jeans pretty much look alike to most folks. But shirts easily look unique. I can see someone who does not know the RRL brand thinking "that's a cool shirt!" when they see a picture online. But that same person will not appreciate the differences in jeans.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
going off of what KMD said, you only need a couple pairs of bottoms because the jeans play more of a supporting role. You dont want the pant to stand out for the wrong reasons so most of the jeans will look similar. No reason to buy more than a handful. I have about 8 pairs of RRL pants/jeans:
  • Selvedge Chino
  • Alaska Workpants
  • Catalog 2 Workpants
  • Slim Raw Icon
  • Slim Boot leg Dark Wash
  • Slim Boot 1 wash/fade
  • Straight Leg Distressed
I probably have about 30 shirts because a) they are cheaper than jeans even if discounted less b) more variety in fabric, pattern, cut, l/s, s/s so im more likely to buy because I dont have it yet or I think it looks cool. Example: the plaidpatch flannels. I was blown away. Wanted to kop even though I dont need another shirt

Opermann

Reaction score
grncanyon002.jpg

Courtesy of deez...

Nice details like distressed green canvas under the pocket flap and a wood button. Sweater hems & shawl are thicker and softer than I expected. Fit is right on. Awesome vintage finish on the brown cotton. The interior side tag is black with yellow lettering--the same as my wife's Black Label stuff.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
People still don't understand what selvedge is. Even the people who own selvedge RRL jeans needed me to point it out and explain. Their reason for buying the pant was that is was cheaper than the non selvedge Polo pairs when they went to the outlet or they liked the style/distressing more.

You can get away with only one pair of RRL jeans and wear them everyday. The same is not true when talking about shirts.

I also think the 280-340 dollar price MSRP for the jeans is very inflated. Even more so with the prices of the ones that have crazy distressing.

RRL jeans are hard as hell to buy off ebay. I have had to send 7 pairs of chinos/jeans back so far that did not fit or were improperly measured. The shirts are a safer bet and have that 'must buy' aspect as well

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Opermann;4414461 said:
grncanyon002.jpg
Courtesy of deez... Nice details like distressed green canvas under the pocket flap and a wood button. Sweater hems & shawl are thicker and softer than I expected. Fit is right on. Awesome vintage finish on the brown cotton. The interior side tag is black with yellow lettering--the same as my wife's Black Label stuff.[/
quote]
bigstar[1].gif

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Opermann
grncanyon002.jpg
Courtesy of deez... Nice details like distressed green canvas under the pocket flap and a wood button. Sweater hems & shawl are thicker and softer than I expected. Fit is right on. Awesome vintage finish on the brown cotton. The interior side tag is black with yellow lettering--the same as my wife's Black Label stuff.

that was quick! glad you're enjoying it.

osadolor619

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorman
iU4vt.jpg

Thank you, Mr. Airportlobby! In the RRL game with my ONE shirt. LOL.

You must be single because that toilet seat is up!

I'll post my pic later today, I got my shirt today too. I might just frame it... too clean to wear!
nod[1].gif

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorman
iU4vt.jpg

Thank you, Mr. Airportlobby! In the RRL game with my ONE shirt. LOL.

AWESOME.

That is the way to do it - buy good stuff a little at a time.

poorman

Reaction score
You must be single because that toilet seat is up!

I'll post my pic later today, I got my shirt today too. I might just frame it... too clean to wear!
nod[1].gif

Man! I'm a proposal and .25 cents (how much do those toy rings cost again?
crackup[1].gif
) away from being stuck with her forever!

Also, both seats are usually down to prevent our cat from drinking that toilet water. haha.

&...The shirt is real nice and WARM.
I wasn't expecting a (jacket) though. But it was a good surprise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads