• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bwfilms

Reaction score
Last (probably) summer item for me. Many of this summer shirts are really nice IMO. Most of the shorts are too long for my taste :(. What's everyone's favorite summer shirt this season?

thumbnail.jpeg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How long is too long, you can take to local dry cleaner to roll up the hem and sewn it if the print doesn’t look weird

bwfilms

Reaction score
How long is too long, you can take to local dry cleaner to roll up the hem and sewn it if the print doesn’t look weird

Yes, that's exactly what I plan to do with a few of the RRL shorts I have.

Here's a nice pictorial contrast of current popular short length (almost touching the knees) and the shorter length I prefer (almost a "necessity" for me as I'm short). BTW, it's also a nice character contrast between Jude Law's character and Matt Damon's character (the relaxed spread collar vs the button up, etc.). Highly recommended for those who haven't seen the movie (The Talented Mr. Ripley).

1602614751210.png

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last (probably) summer item for me. Many of this summer shirts are really nice IMO. Most of the shorts are too long for my taste :(. What's everyone's favorite summer shirt this season?

View attachment 1476401

I really like the print of that shirt but I find the fabric a bit light. Of course that didn't stop me from getting it. I do wish it was a tighter weave cotton like this season's blue one though.

s7-1374799_lifestyle

bwfilms

Reaction score
I really like the print of that shirt but I find the fabric a bit light. Of course that didn't stop me from getting it. I do wish it was a tighter weave cotton like this season's blue one though.

s7-1374799_lifestyle

The fabric is a bit thin for my taste too (not so much because of the thinness, but I prefer how thicker fabric drapes better). I also prefer the cream color over the blue as I have too many blue pieces.

Both the red and blue shirts below are made of cotton jersey, but the blue drapes better as its fabric is thicker. Both are quite different so I'm glad I got both.

1602625144356.png

1602625160079.png

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ha, I got those two as well. Agree about the blue fabric. I almost went all in on the camp shirts this past season. I skipped the blue Hawaiian flower print due to the fabric being 55 linen/45 viscose like the white nautical print. WFH has made me turn even more towards casual shirts like those. The plain white cotton oxford shirt is really nice too. It's super lightweight though.

Serad

Reaction score
Hey fellas does anyone have this coat available or have spotted it online anywhere? I'm looking for a size Small. It's from a few years ago and I'm kicking myself for not picking it up now.
RROU242_2_500.jpg

noretailplease

Reaction score
Don't you mind losing the stone- washed effect?
Not really. They were white to begin with, so It was never really there. Also, it will eventually come with washings. A gentle fading. . I just like the colors. They are very vibrant, and not washed out and muted.

bwfilms

Reaction score
This beautiful piece just pops up on the site. IMO, the colors and patterns are suitable for everyday, and the raised textures of the knitting patterns look awesome. Interesting combination of wool, lambswool, linen, and mulberry silk should make for a comfortable, non-itchy feel.

1602788989805.png

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
This beautiful piece just pops up on the site. IMO, the colors and patterns are suitable for everyday, and the raised textures of the knitting patterns look awesome. Interesting combination of wool, lambswool, linen, and mulberry silk should make for a comfortable, non-itchy feel.

View attachment 1477881
Very similar to this ranch cardigan they did
d8259d0a156d81a0cd453f4387479a3cb674d086_1296x.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads