• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Do all of the wide-legged RRL jeans have the baggy look around the derriere (not sure what the technical term is for that)? I have a Levi's Vintage buckle-back, wide-legged raw denim pair that doesn't have the baggy look, so the RRL look must be a conscious design.

actually, I have a fuller leg high rise pair and the waist and seat were perfect. No need to do additional soak or tailoring. My high slim had a seat and waist that was for sure too big and seat too baggy. I had to get the seat and waist tailored on the high slim pair. If you do find it’s too baggy due to rise or anything else, a great tailor can make it look perfect ?

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Yeah...IME, RRL jeans all have had a pretty full seat, longer rise. Typical of period workwear though.

Speaking of...the rigid slims I bought are too roomy in the waist and seat. Anyone have experience in a hot wash/ soak? I'm pretty sure they're sanforized, correct?
Correct I believe they are pre shrunk. The rigid will have minimal shrinkage. I stated in another post, but a tailor can alter to fit. I’ve done it to multiple pairs of raw denim and never been happier with results.

bwfilms

Reaction score
how do the fit?

For reference, I have the RRL Norfolk Canvas Sneakers of the same size. The espadrilles fit almost the same. They are slightly looser, but I think it's because of the open design. Not enough to be a concern IMO.

bwfilms

Reaction score
actually, I have a fuller leg high rise pair and the waist and seat were perfect. No need to do additional soak or tailoring. My high slim had a seat and waist that was for sure too big and seat too baggy. I had to get the seat and waist tailored on the high slim pair. If you do find it’s too baggy due to rise or anything else, a great tailor can make it look perfect ?

Thanks. Good to know not all fuller leg ones have baggy seats. Also, I'd never thought any slim would have baggy seats so that's especially interesting to me. I really like my vintage fuller leg Levi's so I wasn't looking at any fuller leg RRL. I am thinking about a slim RRL so now I need to pay attention to the seats!

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Thanks. Good to know not all fuller leg ones have baggy seats. Also, I'd never thought any slim would have baggy seats so that's especially interesting to me. I really like my vintage fuller leg Levi's so I wasn't looking at any fuller leg RRL. I am thinking about a slim RRL so now I need to pay attention to the seats!

yeah I thought it was odd that the slim had a fuller seat and waist. What I’ve noticed is a lot of RRL jeans are vanity sized...28 is a true 30” waist compared to Japanese brands that are true to size post soak

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RRL jeans is always vanity sized in my experience, at least both low straight and slim, waist wise (I'm 30 took 28 in low straight). Though while slim in 28 fits the waist, it's ball busting, so I sold them..., if I pick up slim again probably 29 or 30 then just tighten the belt...

oceansaway

Reaction score
Camo Field Jacket en route. Summer is my favorite RRL season. I'll take the bohemian 'Tailored for the Island' stuff over belted cardigans and wool overshirts any day.

s7-1357560_lifestyle.jpeg

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For reference, I have the RRL Norfolk Canvas Sneakers of the same size. The espadrilles fit almost the same. They are slightly looser, but I think it's because of the open design. Not enough to be a concern IMO.
thanks

Tyjordan86

Reaction score
The sandals are really nice, but they are hard as a rock. They were the first RRL items I bought (a few years ago - mine are brown and not suede)
Are they any more comfortable now, then when you first got them?? Wondering how they break in

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads