• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Toshiro

Reaction score
So what does everyone got there 👀’s on when the 18th comes????

Lotuspath

Reaction score
So what does everyone got there 👀’s on when the 18th comes????
If you mean from the sale, Summer is my least favorite RRL season. To me, the most interesting Summer item was the Indgo Koi printed denim utility shirt, but as usual, the best items don’t hang around long enough to make it to the sale.
I also like the white summmer cardigan but doubt I would have enough occasions to wear a cardigan in the summer. Most other items were very similar to prior Summer seasons in my opinion.
Did everyone notice the Spring sale was only “up to 60% off”? Usually, the first markdown is 40% and the second is 30% totaling 60% off across the board. One pair of repaired jeans only went down to 40% off and other items only hit 50%.
BTW, Nordstrom Rack is just having a 30th Anniversary sale and many men’s shoes are ridiculously reduced. Six pairs of shoes original price a total of $1,770 marked down to $268. They have Vintage Foundry, To Boot NY, Phelps, Frye, John Vavatos, Cole Hann, etc. The sale started on Tuesday and some stuff is already gone, but depending on your size, it’s definitely still worth checking out.

bwfilms

Reaction score
OT, I just finished watching the movie Seabiscuit, and the clothes are spectacular. Obviously, Toby Maguire's saddle-brown leather jacket is prominent in many scenes (and this site Seabiscuit also raves about it). Much less obvious, he also wore a boatneck sweater reminiscent (sans the "1942" patches) of this Cotton-Wool Sweater. The boat-neck opening, the thickness of the rib-knit hem and cuffs, and the "vintage fit" (wide shoulder, short length) really makes the sweater stands out. It looks almost too plain in the picture on the RL site, but once you put it on, it's awesome. It's one of my favorite RRL pieces.

The rest of the cast also wore clothes that look like the best of RRL (1930s). Highly recommend seeing it not just for the fashion throwback (since the movie ain't bad neither).

Last edited:

Tyjordan86

Reaction score
Curious how the sneakers fit, I ordered my normal shoe size. *fingers crossed*

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
I've been meaning to get one of their belted cardigans for a while and I'm a fan of the one currently on sale on the site, but the material makeup is giving me pause. Can anybody who's handled this one talk about how warm you think it is given that it's mostly linen and other materials and just a little wool? Unfortunately nowhere at all near me has it in stock to check it out.

Also, how do you guys normally size their belted cardigans? I couldn't find a size chart anywhere. Thanks!

ramdomthought

Reaction score
I've been meaning to get one of their belted cardigans for a while and I'm a fan of the one currently on sale on the site, but the material makeup is giving me pause. Can anybody who's handled this one talk about how warm you think it is given that it's mostly linen and other materials and just a little wool? Unfortunately nowhere at all near me has it in stock to check it out.

Also, how do you guys normally size their belted cardigans? I couldn't find a size chart anywhere. Thanks!
I've got this cardigan, I'd call it midweight.

Certainly not one you'll want to wear outdoors in the middle of a hellish snowstorm, but it's been totally fine to wear while working from home at 70 degrees and outside down to mid 40s with just a tee under it. Can't comment on temps below that, because it hasn't been that cold around here.

I sized true-to-size with everything else RRL I owned and it's a very normal fit. It's also returnable. I love the pattern and would recommend giving it a shot.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
I've got this cardigan, I'd call it midweight.

Certainly not one you'll want to wear outdoors in the middle of a hellish snowstorm, but it's been totally fine to wear while working from home at 70 degrees and outside down to mid 40s with just a tee under it. Can't comment on temps below that, because it hasn't been that cold around here.

I sized true-to-size with everything else RRL I owned and it's a very normal fit. It's also returnable. I love the pattern and would recommend giving it a shot.
Thanks! Sounds like I should just order it and try it out myself, but that temp range sounds pretty perfect for where I live. There's basically no chance it goes lower than what it's at right?

John Doe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OT, I just finished watching the movie Seabiscuit, and the clothes are spectacular. Obviously, Toby Maguire's saddle-brown leather jacket is prominent in many scenes (and this site Seabiscuit also raves about it). Much less obvious, he also wore a boatneck sweater reminiscent (sans the "1942" patches) of this Cotton-Wool Sweater. The boat-neck opening, the thickness of the rib-knit hem and cuffs, and the "vintage fit" (wide shoulder, short length) really makes the sweater stands out. It looks almost too plain in the picture on the RL site, but once you put it on, it's awesome. It's one of my favorite RRL pieces.

The rest of the cast also wore clothes that look like the best of RRL (1930s). Highly recommend seeing it not just for the fashion throwback (since the movie ain't bad neither).
I concur. I just watched this again a couple of days ago and the costuming is fantastic; as well as being an excellent movie.

Bing75

Reaction score

I've just ordered this in the sale, usually I'm a S but they'd sold out so I'll try the M and hope for the best. I'm thinking navy shorts or trousers,

McSp

Reaction score
Does anyone own these pants? Are they rigid or comfy? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Schermata 2020-08-12 alle 12.25.35.png

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
If anyone bought this mendoza recently in a M and don't want it I've been looking for this for years and it just slipped by me

Capture.JPG

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.