• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
i don't even buy other brands any more because at outlet (or ebay) prices RRL is around the best deal in clothing.
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
now i want some officer chinos. thanks a lot RKD

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Added a zero.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
get a pair and join the RRL officer chino contest
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

osadolor619

Reaction score
Honestly, I hope that they stop sending so much RRL to the outlets. I can see a few pairs of jeans here and their but entire seasons sent out across the country.. ridiculous. I've sold here before but 50 items? I think that's a bit overboard. ONE thing I LOVE about RRL is that it's exclusive. Polo has turned into **** because everyone and their mama wears it. Most of those people that where Polo don't know about RRL and I like it that way.

Buying RRL soooo cheap takes the fun out of being a RRL fan. It's more fun going to see a new item, saving up for it (if you don't have the $$$), waiting for Ralph Lauren private sale or saying F*CK it and just paying for it cause you love the piece so much.

I like RRL as an exclusive brand. I like being someone that "knows about it" and their being people that don't. I know somebody hears me out there!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its fine to put stuff on heavy discount but they should stay at RRL or ralph lauren/polo stores on a sales rack. i too love finding great deals, but i have purchased all of my RRL at actual stores or from a friendly SA with waived shipping.

there are enough RL/Polo stores to keep the RRL sale items still exclusive enough and in house and not lower the brand to end up at outlets and marshalls/tj maxx

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by osadolor619
Honestly, I hope that they stop sending so much RRL to the outlets. I can see a few pairs of jeans here and their but entire seasons sent out across the country.. ridiculous. I've sold here before but 50 items? I think that's a bit overboard. ONE thing I LOVE about RRL is that it's exclusive. Polo has turned into **** because everyone and their mama wears it. Most of those people that where Polo don't know about RRL and I like it that way.

Buying RRL soooo cheap takes the fun out of being a RRL fan. It's more fun going to see a new item, saving up for it (if you don't have the $$$), waiting for Ralph Lauren private sale or saying F*CK it and just paying for it cause you love the piece so much.

I like RRL as an exclusive brand. I like being someone that "knows about it" and their being people that don't. I know somebody hears me out there!

I dont think it matters really. Your average Joe at the outlet has horrible fashion sense and isnt going to give a **** about wearing something that looks as cool as some RRL pieces. They go there to get polo shirts to pop the collars on and cheap RL jeans.

osadolor619

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
its fine to put stuff on heavy discount but they should stay at RRL or ralph lauren/polo stores on a sales rack. i too love finding great deals, but i have purchased all of my RRL at actual stores or from a friendly SA with waived shipping.

there are enough RL/Polo stores to keep the RRL sale items still exclusive enough and in house and not lower the brand to end up at outlets and marshalls/tj maxx

I agree with that for the most part. I don't think "HEAVY" discounts are necessary. If I see some jeans that are originally $325 and they're 25% or marked down to like 40%, I'll buy them if I love them. But $15-$30 at a Polo outlet is kind of dumb. They are training us to not pay retail. Why would you even set foot in a RL or RRL store if you know in a few months the same clothes will be 75% off? It ruins the experience, that's just my opinion.

Dodo

Reaction score
Re: RRL oxford shirts

My chest is 40", I would like to know if size medium which is 20,5 p2p in some rrl oxfords could be unwearable by me. Or I need an L.

Here in Italy RRL is not a familiar brand for street fashion, i don't know either if they sell in Polo shops o somewhere else. But I'm sure that when some young and famous italian guy (soccer player, actor...) will became to wear RRL chinos, shirts, jackets and so on, a lot of people will buy RRL badly and fro sure prices will get back higher than now. So it's better to buy them cheap.

osadolor619

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU
I dont think it matters really. Your average Joe at the outlet has horrible fashion sense and isnt going to give a **** about wearing something that looks as cool as some RRL pieces. They go there to get polo shirts to pop the collars on and cheap RL jeans.

That's true, I've seen people glance at the rack and keep walking over to the crap racks. It's sad... haha. Anyways, the problem is if they do it in such a high quantity, like they are now, people who are not authorized resellers or distributors will floooood the market, the brand could devalue over time and we will be trained to not pay retail or even sale prices, we want clearance!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by osadolor619

As long as the quality doesn't decline then I am quite all right with it. The amount of RRL items are still way less than PRL (and PRL have both good and crap).

The reason I bought RRL was because of the deep discount I could get for the quality (or so I have read, not that I know much about jeans). I have always been in the suit crowd. I am ok to spend 2~3K on a suit and 1K on a shoe once a while, but I could never justify to myself on buying $300 Jeans (or not now anyway...).

RRL was a good starting point for me, especially for jeans, though I wish their shirt (both western and flannel) could be had at a slightly cheaper price (might not have thought so if I wasn't living in UK where shipping from US does cost quite a bit).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22

don't think you're the first one influenced by him...

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude

But then how will lovely gentlemen like bluepresent and RRLShop feed their families?

It is strange how much is washing up at present. I wonder if it's just a greater concentration is showing up on Styleforum, rather than being resold in other places (namely by people with overseas connections), making it more noticeable to us.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really though its not like outlets are getting full runs of current RRL collections in all sizes at 75%. Some XXL and XS stuff from two season ago that isnt in any stores anymore isnt going to "flood the market". Ive picked up tons of stuff and so have other people, yet almost nothing in is my size.

Side note:
If anyone needs Officer Chinos in a 30 ill sell them for $220 plus shipping. I was sending them back to Blake later this afternoon so this is only good for the next few hours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics